Handle coming apart?

you39

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2010
Hey, my Mac Pro from 2007, week 11 seems to be having the handle come apart and I cant manage to push it back in! :confused: Is there anything I can do to fix this like glue or something?
:rolleyes:

How did that happen? Is that the top handle or the bottom handle?

Graeme43

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 11, 2006
Great Britain (Glasgow)
its the bottom handle lol i didnt know another word for it, its just become separated over time i guess, it looks like somethings came loose inside the gap :confused: mac still works fine :apple:

you39

macrumors regular
Mar 21, 2010
its the bottom handle lol i didnt know another word for it, its just become separated over time i guess, it looks like somethings came loose inside the gap :confused: mac still works fine :apple:
That's strange, really. Never thought this could get loose in just 3 years. Perhaps there was something wrong in the first place? Some screw that got loose inside?

Graeme43

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 11, 2006
Great Britain (Glasgow)
I dont even know if i can get into that part, it requires taking out just about everything! I'll have to try it when i get some free time and see if there is something to tighten. It would help if someone knew :) i can push it back to shape but it just goes back to sticking out if i let go

ta:D

donw35

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2010
Los Angeles
if the machine is working fine best thing to do is leave it alone. no need in taking this apart and something else stop working...

UltraNEO*

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2007
近畿日本
Hey, my Mac Pro from 2007, week 11 seems to be having the handle come apart and I cant manage to push it back in! :confused: Is there anything I can do to fix this like glue or something?
:rolleyes:

Dude, inside the case there are a number of Torx screws holding the 'handle' to the body of the case. I can only imagine those screws have since come loose... Did you try tightening them using a mini Torx wrench? Unfortunately, you might have to dissemble parts of the machine to get at those screws.

Here's a link to someone's awesome G5 case mod,
it'll probably give you some idea as to how the MacPro case is assembled:

http://www.bit-tech.net/modding/2008/10/28/apple-core-duo-by-cyprio/1

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.