Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

catdog02481

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2003
Boston, MA
I sent myself a 5.5MB pdf attachment via gmail to my iphone; it downloaded in a reasonable time and was able to browse it in mail; however it was not left on the iphone memory and so when i went to run another app on the iphone and came back to mail, my attachment was no longer in memory and had to be downloaded again. Clearly this is a disappointment, there must be a way to save these attachments or at least prevent them from being erased from memory.

Let's say you wanted to read a few pdf files on a plane; that would not be possible as things stand since they seem to have to be redownloaded everytime you need to access that message. Also if files are large and using edge will be a royal PITA. Any ideas?

catdog02481

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2003
Boston, MA

plumbingandtech

macrumors 68000
Jun 20, 2007
Thank you for the link, i am smiling again; having tried leopard on my MBP i have to say it is very impressive! I am spending more time on my MBP (from which i had run away because of the high temps (1st rev.)) and less on my XP thinkpad...:)

yah those babies got warm.

Once I get file transfer the circle will be complete.

If apple then as rumored has a certified program for cocoa (native) iphone apps I may splooge.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.