Handmade Dock - $12 shipped

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by pepe50, Oct 6, 2012.

1. pepe50 macrumors member

2. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

It's missing like some sort of back support. It's probably not good to sit the phone, freestanding, on that little lightning connector with no support. :confused: Am I wrong?

3. bludragon06 macrumors regular

4. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

>Only held up by the lightning connector
    >No ****ing thanks

5. CatsTide macrumors 6502

6. rocknblogger macrumors 68020

rocknblogger

That's what I'm thinking. I can't imagine the lightning connected being THAT strong.

7. bludragon06 macrumors regular

I wasn't gonna leave it like it is! I was gonna either get it and drill a couple holes in the dock and then the phone would lean back on the pieces of bamboo I would stick in the holes! Modify it another words! I may ask the artist that do these if he/she would possibly alter it a bit and I would pay a little extra!:cool:

8. kthnxshwn macrumors regular

The encasing for the lightning connector holds it in place because it doesn't have any room to move at all. Yes, the phone will be supported, but not be the cable. It'll be supported by the wood that's supporting the cable.

Anyway, I would totally buy this if I had a white iPhone. I have a black desk, aluminum iMac, black iPhone — it wouldn't look like it fits in. However, this is very, very pretty.

9. inaka macrumors 6502

I'd buy one if the routed out the width of the phone to give it a bit more support. Don't like the idea of the tip of the connector alone holding it up.

10. DotCom2 macrumors 68030

My cat would knock that iPhone right off and break the lightning cable right off in it!

11. The Afroman macrumors regular

The Afroman

for 12 bucks, i ordered it. see how it goes. i may add a small piece to the back for support.

12. bludragon06 macrumors regular

I emailed the guy that makes these and asked if he could do this very thing. We will see what he says!

13. xraytech macrumors 68020

14. ngocnguyen macrumors member

hahahah, exactly what I was thinking! I see a premature lightening connector malfunction in the near future...so you pay the guy $4 to have this "damage" done to your 5.