Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jordan246

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 8, 2014
I have a question devices like the iPad 2 , iPad 3 and iPad mini 1st generation and also the iPod touch 5th generation do you think these devices would get the handoff and continuity feature apple said to have. I would like to hear would you guys think.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
In order for hand-off to work both your Mac and iDevices have to support Bluetooth 4.0 (low energy).

According to CNET the iPad 3 was the first device to have that feature. I think it would be safe to assume anything after the iPad 3 should include bluetooth 4.0

the1payday

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2007
Amarillo, TX
In order for hand-off to work both your Mac and iDevices have to support Bluetooth 4.0 (low energy).

According to CNET the iPad 3 was the first device to have that feature. I think it would be safe to assume anything after the iPad 3 should include bluetooth 4.0

Which is ironic since the iPad 3 sure as hell did NOT get AirDrop when iOS 7 was released.

Shuri

macrumors 6502
Nov 23, 2011
I have a question devices like the iPad 2 , iPad 3 and iPad mini 1st generation and also the iPod touch 5th generation do you think these devices would get the handoff and continuity feature apple said to have. I would like to hear would you guys think.

iPad 2 : No Way, Neither the Bluetooth, nor the Wifi Chip is ready for it.
iPad Mini : Should, since it got AirDrop
Ipad 3: Could, but it didn't got AirDrop (as mentioned above), so rather doubtful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.