Handoff from iPhone5 to iPad Air

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by colinwil, Jul 7, 2014.

1. colinwil macrumors regular

Both my iPhone5 & iPad air have DP3 installed. Both are configured to use the same Apple Id for iCloud. Both have 'Enable Handoff' turned on in Settings/General. Both are using the same WiFi

But Handoff doesn't seem to work. For instance, if I go to a web page on the iPhone, then turn on my iPad Air there's no Handoff thing on the lock screen to swipe.

Anyone else having problems with this?

2. profets macrumors 68040

I found it worked quite sporadically in the first 2 betas. With beta 3 it's been pretty consistent for me (clean install on a 5S and iPad Air).

Stupid question, but do you have bluetooth turned on on each device?

3. TomH TX macrumors regular

My iPhone and iPad air were doing continuity, remote dialing, and handoff using b1 and b2. I "lost" the icon when I updated to b3 today. Furthermore, there is no longer the extra page to the left in double-tap mode on any device. I can not get the devices to show a connection via bluetooth, but, remote calling is still working. Weird. I have reset the bluetooth, and reset both devices. I have not yet reset network settings.

4. colinwil thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, Bluetooth is turned on on both.

I logged out of iCloud on both devices, logged back in, rebooted them, and it started working - including the left-most page on the task manager.

But after a few minutes it got out of sync - so the wrong web page would appear. Then it stopped working altogether again - no icon on the start page or left-most task manager page.

It's back working again now, but it all seems a bit flaky!

5. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

Your a genius. got it working.

6. langscinema macrumors member

i have a 5s and MB Air 2011 both running v3 and still cannot get bluetooth to connect as well handoff working
    i read in the release notes that they removed the handoff toggle from OSX v3 so wondering if maybe its not active this version?
    anyone out here still have continuity & handoff working?