Resolved Handoff not working at all?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by JarScott, Sep 18, 2014.

1. JarScott, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2014

JarScott macrumors 601

JarScott

I'm running Yosemite public beta on my Retina MacBook Pro and iOS 8 on my 5s and iPad Air yet none of the Handoff features seem to be working. The settings are turned on for each device yet they aren't reacting to each other at all.

Edit: Handoff is not supported on the Yosemite public beta.

Edit 2: That's weird. Handoff has JUST started working between all devices. Seemingly triggered by disconnecting from Wifi and connecting again on my MacBook Pro??

2. Skika macrumors 68030

3. JarScott, Sep 18, 2014

JarScott thread starter macrumors 601

JarScott

Yes, on every device. I have gone through step by step for how to enable Handoff and everything is as it should be. Yet none of the devices are reacting to each other. I don't understand why it's not working!!

4. threelions macrumors regular

Some of the features won't be available until October. For the ability to answer phone calls on your Ipad turn Facetime off and on again on the Ipad, that part only needs Wifi too.

5. JarScott, Sep 18, 2014

JarScott thread starter macrumors 601

JarScott

I just restarted all my devices and now Handoff is working between my iPhone 5s and my iPad Air. But neither of them are reacting to anything my MacBook Pro is doing and vice versa, my MacBook Pro isn't noticing anything my iOS devices are doing. I'm pretty sure my MacBook is compatible because the option is there in settings.

Edit: I have just paired my MacBook with my iPhone and iPad in case that was what was wrong, yet Handoff is still not working between them.