Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

G-Funk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 28, 2005
Miami , FL
Just updated both of my iPhone 6 & iPad Mini to iOS 8.0.2 and couldnt get handoff to work! On iOS 8 both of my devices used to work great with handoff on or off Bluetooth even with phone calls all over wifi! Right now I've tried rebooting both of my devices ! Toggle Handoff off/on and it still won't work! ... Any ideas ?

jonbravo77

macrumors 65816
Feb 20, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Just updated both of my iPhone 6 & iPad Mini to iOS 8.0.2 and couldnt get handoff to work! On iOS 8 both of my devices used to work great with handoff on or off Bluetooth even with phone calls all over wifi! Right now I've tried rebooting both of my devices ! Toggle Handoff off/on and it still won't work! ... Any ideas ?

Have you gone into settings>FaceTime and made sure iPhone Cellular Calls is turned on on both devices?

G-Funk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 28, 2005
Miami , FL
Yes! Both are on! I cannot even get continuity to work! I start an email message from my iPhone and want to complete it from my iPad! It used to work before the update ! Even with safari !

----------

Have you gone into settings>FaceTime and made sure iPhone Cellular Calls is turned on on both devices?

Yes! Both are on! I cannot even get continuity to work! I start an email message from my iPhone and want to complete it from my iPad! It used to work before the update ! Even with safari !

clubtech

macrumors member
Jan 2, 2009
Logout iCloud in both devices. Restart both, log back in and wait a few minutes. It should get it working again.

Xwolf2K

macrumors newbie
Sep 28, 2014
I'm having the same problem on my iPhone six and iPad air both on IOS 8.0.2. I have turned the Bluetooth off and on, I have reset network settings, I have logged out of iCloud rebooted device log back in the iCloud on both. Nothing works.

However handoff works fine when using my iPhone and Mac or iPad and Mac. The issue is the communication between the phone and iPad. I am thinking about erasing content and settings on both but I really don't want to do that.

----------

This is so messed up I decided to test once again after posting my previous post for ***** and grins and son of a bitch it started working across both devices no idea what happened :mad::apple:

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.