Handoff

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by Afbar1114, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Afbar1114 macrumors 6502a

2. funkdoc23 macrumors regular

funkdoc23

same here! maybe its not fully accessible to the beta program.

3. Afbar1114 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just found out i needed to update the apps on iOS so i am installing them now. there is also a setting on OS X as well

4. gabriellanata macrumors newbie

there is a setting on: system preferences -> general -> allow handoff between this mac and your iCloud devices

Although I still cannot get this to work on my 2013 rMBP and iPhone 5

5. funkdoc23 macrumors regular

funkdoc23

yeah sadly I can't get it to work on mine either... theres something we're missing.

6. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

I can't get it to work either. I'm supposed to have bluetooth on right? Whether it's on or not, it still won't work.

7. alireza76 macrumors newbie

just turn on airdrop on your iphone and it's ready

Attached Files:

8. Afbar1114 thread starter macrumors 6502a

do you have bluetooth turned on for the MBP? i can't get it to work at all

9. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

same here.

10. nick19 macrumors member

nick19

And another here having the same issue. rMBP and iPhone 5s. Have tried with Bluetooth turned on and off on both devices.

11. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

Silly question, but you do all have iOS 8 installed on your iPhone?

12. Paulshaqz macrumors 6502a

bluetooth is on both devices it picks it up but problem is it won't pair together for some reason my guess is we have to wait for beta 2?

13. rhwd2003 macrumors newbie

I got it working on my 2012 MB Pro. Come to find out, after I rebooted the first time after installing Yosemite my bluetooth was not working. I had to hold shift, ctrl+option, and power when turned off and plugged into power. After I did that it reset my bluetooth and it started working on my macbook pro. Once I did that, handoff is working.

Question I have is that I can't get it to work on imessages, trying to type a text on my iphone it shows Chrome in the handoff window and its not even an open or active app.

Also, I use the mail app on my iphone for my company email but on my mac I use outlook. So when trying to type an email for work and handoff pops up and I try to open up handoff it cant do it because that email address isnt configured in the mail app on mac. Bummer.

14. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

Handoff works for me but only for Safari. If I'm using messages on Yosemite, I won't see a handoff option for messages on my phone. Only for safari, even if its not the active window.

15. kumowoon1025 macrumors newbie

This feature is noted not to always work in the release notes for Yosemite DP1. I can't get it to work at all, I guess some of us just need to wait for updates.

Excerpt from release notes:

Continuity
    Known Issues
    Some apps that use Handoff will mistakenly show as Safari in the iOS lock screen and OS X Dock.
    In some cases, not all devices associated with an Apple ID will pair successfully. These devices will be unable to use Handoff, Phone calls, or Instant HotSpot.
    When using a Mac, Handoff may sometimes stop showing icons on other iOS and OS X devices.
    Handoff-based Bluetooth connections between devices may stop working after trying to use Handoff.
    In some cases, using Handoff with Safari will result in an old URL being resumed instead of the current URL.
    Directions and Navigation in Maps does not work with Handoff in Developer Preview 1.
    Phone calls to and from the Mac may sometimes not complete or send and receive audio.