Handoff

Z8beema

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
Mass.
Has anyone gotten it to work? I have an ipad air and an iPhone 6 and can not seem to get it to work

Oppressed

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2010
I'll provide a slightly more constructive answer. If you are having issues go into the settings and turn it off then back on. Then reset the device. Do this for both devices. Report back with any issues.

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
for my ipad air and iphone 6 works only for calls(receiving and calling)
safari or mail doesn't work and both are using the same icloud account and wifi

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
so if you start compose a mail on your iphone...it will appear on your ipad too?

----------

oh i get it ...both wifi and bluetooth must be on..

Z8beema

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
Mass.
I'll provide a slightly more constructive answer. If you are having issues go into the settings and turn it off then back on. Then reset the device. Do this for both devices. Report back with any issues.
Would you suggest holding the home power button or just shutting down and putting it back on?

----------

for my ipad air and iphone 6 works only for calls(receiving and calling)
safari or mail doesn't work and both are using the same icloud account and wifi

Same...

----------

It worked for me after fiddling with the Facetime and Apple ID settings.
What did you do specifically? Just shut off facetime and put it back on?

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
still, i can make calls from ipad "using ipphone" but i can't send txt message from my ipad receiving message failed to send

Z8beema

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
Mass.
still, i can make calls from ipad "using ipphone" but i can't send txt message from my ipad receiving message failed to send
I was told on a different forum they shut that feature down for now for some reason

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
so you can't send or receive text messages for now ? maybe with 16th october will be available

GregE240

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2014
My iPad (3) just asked me if I wanted to receive text messages on it. Told me to enter code on iPhone (6). I did. Now getting texts on iPad.

GregE240

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2014
Didn't enable anything, just pop up asked if I wanted to receive text messages. Said yes. Entered code on iPhone. Texted a mate who I know is a BB user. Reply arrived on both devices.

Z8beema

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
Mass.
Didn't enable anything, just pop up asked if I wanted to receive text messages. Said yes. Entered code on iPhone. Texted a mate who I know is a BB user. Reply arrived on both devices.
Are you in America?

GreyOS

macrumors 68040
Apr 12, 2012
Does anyone get Messages handoff to work where your draft message actually gets handed off? For me it just brings up the conversation I'm looking at. Not that useful.

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
i dont know why...but from my iphone to ipad handoff is working..mails, safari etc...but vice versa dont... i mean from ipad to iphone..why?

Z8beema

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2013
Mass.
i dont know why...but from my iphone to ipad handoff is working..mails, safari etc...but vice versa dont... i mean from ipad to iphone..why?
Same here for the most part... I've gotten it to work a couple times but sometimes my phone just isn't into it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.