Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lvanness7690

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 8, 2014
Has anyone gotten handoff to work on the lock screen? It works fine between my iPhone and iPad, shows up in the app switcher and on the right side of the dock on my iPad. However nothing shows up in the bottom left corner on the lock screen like in previous versions. Under the setting for Handoff it states:

"Handoff lets you start something on one device and instantly pick it up on other devises using your iCloud account. The app you need appears in the lock screen, app switcher, and the Dock on a Mac."

Please let me know if I am doing something wrong or if this feature was removed or if it is a bug.

Thanks!

The Mad Hatter

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2004
SoCal
I don’t know if this was removed or not, but my IPP 10.5 and 6S are working just like yours. I’m only getting the handoff via the app switcher.

Feenician

macrumors 603
Jun 13, 2016
Has anyone gotten handoff to work on the lock screen? It works fine between my iPhone and iPad, shows up in the app switcher and on the right side of the dock on my iPad. However nothing shows up in the bottom left corner on the lock screen like in previous versions. Under the setting for Handoff it states:

"Handoff lets you start something on one device and instantly pick it up on other devises using your iCloud account. The app you need appears in the lock screen, app switcher, and the Dock on a Mac."

Please let me know if I am doing something wrong or if this feature was removed or if it is a bug.

Thanks!

I don’t think you’ll get a different answer from the stickied thread. No-one is seeing it. No-one knows if that’s a bug, or the new normal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.