Hands free and bluetooth = not working

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by rayjay86, Jan 26, 2012.

1. rayjay86 macrumors 6502

Hi all

I usually connect my 4S to my car via bluetooth. When I tried hands free control yesterday, the car when into call mode and it actually seemed as those it was placing a call. The call timer started counting and the car went quite waiting for a command. On the phone itself the little Siri icon wasn't present and it didn't look like it was making a call either.

When I turned off Handsfree the phone went back to playing the music through the connect iPod cable. I'm using the BMW software for the iPhone and bluetooth, not sure if that is making a difference.

Normally Siri with bluetooth has a slight lag and then I can say the command out loud and the BT in the car will pick it up. I thought handsfree would allow me to not have to push the button but I now have to keep handsfree disabled so that I can still hear music in the car and enable it with SBsettings...defeating the hands free purpose.

Thoughts?

2. GraphicsGeek macrumors 6502a

Try not using the BMW app. It seems to be not working properly according to the reviews in the App Store. If you're using Bluetooth, why are you using an iPod cable? You should be able to play music and make calls without the cable and just using Bluetooth.

3. webcrush macrumors regular

Are talking about the HFC tweak to active Siri by voice? If so, it activates the microphone to constantly listen for your keyword activation. When connected via Bluetooth, naturally the mic in the car will turn on as well. I have to disable HFC when in the car, which sort of defeats a major reason to have it. Either that, or disable bluetooth.

4. rayjay86 thread starter macrumors 6502

Bluetooth is only for calls in the BMW. The iPod cable allows control using the click wheel (idrive? I don't remember the name).
    I'll try the disabling BT option and see if it'll play through the speakers but I mainly want to have hands free calling enabled, not really Siri connectivity since those hands free laws are so strict now.

5. webcrush macrumors regular

I understand, I have the same issue. Every time I get into the car I have to disable HFC which is a bummer.

6. plainwhitetay macrumors regular

Was so let down when I got in the car and my phone acted like it was in a call due to HFC mic on. :(

So anybody find a "really fast" or "hands-free" method of toggling HFC off/on when getting in/out of car. Whether through activator or anything?