Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

4sFanatic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 26, 2012
Yesterday I paid for, then installed the Hands-Free Control 3.0 Cydia tweak.

I realized later in the evening that my system sounds were not working, (I have a Star Wars sound theme via winterboard) and I would only hear the stock clicks for slide on/power off.

I also noticed the system volumes on some of the apps being too low, (like when I type messages, or when I stream Pandora in my car).

I turned on and off my themes in all combos including going back to stock/none, and I also did a couple hard resets, with no luck.

So I went back to cydia and uninstalled hands-free control, and all is back to normal.

Must be some kinda conflict?
Has this happened to anyone else out there?
What should I do, re-install it and try again, or is there a fix/update?

lgreenberg

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2010
Chester Springs, PA
Yep, it definitely screws with sounds.

I noticed Tweetbot's sounds stopped working when I had HFC activated. I contacted the developer and they said they are working on it.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
It's a know issue, several threads on this already. Also on there website.

When the mic is active apple wanted all sounds muted, this normal system behaviour.

The early version didn't have any sounds, gradually the now have it so the system sounds partial work.

4sFanatic

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 26, 2012
Yep, it definitely screws with sounds.

I noticed Tweetbot's sounds stopped working when I had HFC activated. I contacted the developer and they said they are working on it.

The app worked as advertised, I was happy showing the kids last night at dinner :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.