Hands-Free Control changing System Sounds and Volume Levels

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by 4sFanatic, Feb 17, 2012.

1. 4sFanatic macrumors regular

Yesterday I paid for, then installed the Hands-Free Control 3.0 Cydia tweak.

I realized later in the evening that my system sounds were not working, (I have a Star Wars sound theme via winterboard) and I would only hear the stock clicks for slide on/power off.

I also noticed the system volumes on some of the apps being too low, (like when I type messages, or when I stream Pandora in my car).

I turned on and off my themes in all combos including going back to stock/none, and I also did a couple hard resets, with no luck.

So I went back to cydia and uninstalled hands-free control, and all is back to normal.

Must be some kinda conflict?
    Has this happened to anyone else out there?
    What should I do, re-install it and try again, or is there a fix/update?

2. lgreenberg macrumors 6502

lgreenberg

Yep, it definitely screws with sounds.

I noticed Tweetbot's sounds stopped working when I had HFC activated. I contacted the developer and they said they are working on it.

3. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

It's a know issue, several threads on this already. Also on there website.

When the mic is active apple wanted all sounds muted, this normal system behaviour.

The early version didn't have any sounds, gradually the now have it so the system sounds partial work.

4. 4sFanatic thread starter macrumors regular

The app worked as advertised, I was happy showing the kids last night at dinner :)