Hands free for Siri

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cpjames, Nov 7, 2011.

1. cpjames macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,

For me, one of the most useful aspects of Siri is using it whilst driving.. However in order for this to be practical you need a decent noise cancelling handsfree kit.. I am currently using one of the Jawbone kits which works reasonably well but I was wondering if anyone had any other recommendations..

My Car isnt the quietest inside so I need half decent noise cancelling for it to be practical..

Thanks

Chris

2. Will69 macrumors regular

i've tried different blueteeth and always come back to the supplied wired headset. Covers both ears and mic is very close to mouth. Ppl say they hear me great. I do NOT think it's a safety hazard as I can hear and sense the traffic around me just fine.

Siri has no issues understanding my words. Siri has issues hearing the very quick additions to standard root words; like for example the difference between ship and shipped. That's a challenge for Siri. The fix is rather easy though. Discarding word endings, I would say the success rate for a medium-sized message to be free of errors is about 80%.

I also use Tango and Dicatation so I'm on the headset a lot.