Hands-on at MacWorld with Air? Tell us about the differences!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by netdog, Jan 17, 2008.

1. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

Wondering what impressions those on the floor at MacWorld have regarding differences between the 1.6 with 4200 80GB and the 1.8 with the SSD.

Is the PATA drive a problem in terms of use? Is the SSD really so amazing? It is sure priced as something incredible. Other differences? Overall impressions? Buying advice regarding the new machines?

2. The Menacer macrumors member

At MacWorld, they only had the 1.6GHz model. From what I could see, it was pretty speedy. But I did notice that when I clicked on GarageBand, it took a few bounces (7-9) to open. BUT, this may be because it was the first time it had been opened.

I am very tempted to buy one. It is so thin, that I don't care if they stuck a 233MHz Pentium in there, I'd still buy one at that price. Trust me, you won't be disappointed. The screen is BEAUTIFUL, the trackpad is huge, and the keyboard is very nice.

I think the nicest thing about it though, is that Apple finally made a laptop that won't burn your lap! The machine had been on for around 2 hours when I finally got to use it, and it wasn't hot at all. I think that Apple really hit the mark on this one.

And to all the people that complain about the Air, don't knock it 'till you try it! This isn't meant to be someone's primary computer, it's meant for a business traveler or for someone who wants something light to tote around to presentations, or just around the house. It is a nice machine!!

3. RR08EvoX macrumors member