Hands on videos

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by profmatt, Mar 10, 2015.

1. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

I've just seen two hands-on videos (that are on this site, actually: http://www.macrumors.com/2015/03/09/apple-watch-hands-on-impressions/)

These have told me three things:

1. I really ********** want one of these watches. 100%

2. The Sport, even the silver aluminium with the goofy coloured strap, is really ********** nice.

3. I'm really not sure about the space grey Sport any more. It's only shown fleetingly, but it looks jet black. You really don't have any strap options with space grey, but the silver aluminium might work with, say, the milanese loop, as others have suggested. It may also be easier to buy as a lot of people have said they want the space grey.

2. Mascots macrumors 65816

Mascots

Totally agree. I really like the finish.

Prior to pricing, I figured if I wanted the Sport I would spring for the black on black, but after seeing so many photos of them, I really like the silver except the bands. I don't think I could get any of them to match my clothing or my skin-tone without some hideous clashing so I'll probably purchase the black one separately.

One thing I am disappointed in, and am hoping 3rd parties fill, is the lack of Classic Buckle for the sport: I'd like a traditional band, but one that matches the finish.

3. profmatt thread starter macrumors 65816

profmatt

Totally agree. That video changed everything for me!

Now I'm thinking Sports with who-cares-what-colour band, and buy the black band separately. And maybe get the Milanese loop in the future if it works with the aluminium.

4. samcraig macrumors P6

The videos did the opposite for me. Well not totally opposite as I was pretty sure I wasn't buying one anyway. But that UI, while smooth, did not impress me in terms of easy and simple to use. I think it's a powerful OS - but to me looks like they were trying to throw too much in.