Handwriting Notes app, please help

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by RyanSTi, Oct 6, 2011.

1. RyanSTi macrumors newbie

Hi everyone.

I'm looking for a very simple handwriting notes type app. I have been able to find 2 that are ok, but not great and I'm wondering if anyone knows any more as my searches turn up nothing.

I like 7Notes, but the fact that I can't move the box to write in so I can lay my hand down, along with it glitching and moving text when I unzoom. And then there's WritePad. It looks ok, but there's still not spot to put my wrist.

I've tried UPad, Notes Plus, Note Taker HD, and a few others. The one thing they all lack is the ability to insert works or letters. You have to move an image of a word.

I don't really even need the writing recognition. It is just one more way for me to be able to add words and letters mid sentence. As of now I'm still using 7Notes and I don't even usually convert to text. But I use it to take notes at work during the day, and need to be able to quickly add a line to a notes when I followup with someone.

So, anyone have any other ideas I can check out?

2. palpatine macrumors 68040

Noteshelf is the only other app I can think of that is good for handwriting, but I am not sure it will address your problem, which seems like a tall order.

If I get what you are saying, you want an app that will record your handwriting, and then allow you to go back and "insert" another letter or line of text. In other words, you want to produce images (handwriting) and have the computer treat them as text.

That seems impossible, unless you have converted your handwriting to text.

3. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

I agree with palpatine.

4. RyanSTi thread starter macrumors newbie

That's exactly what I want to do. And 7Notes does it even in the free version.

Writepad will always convert to text but I can write them down easily and quickly. And I have also tried Noteshelf, but thank you for the idea.

7Notes can't be the onnnnly one, can it?

5. RyanSTi thread starter macrumors newbie

How about a handwriting recognition app like Writepad? I wouldn't mind that, I just don't need it to be in text, as long as I can ad stuff later.

The reason is I use it at work. When I first make contact with a customer either by phone or email I take their info and any other notes. Now when I talk to them again I want to keep everything together. And with apps like UPad, Notes Plus, etc, I'd have a note at the top of the page, and another in the middle and one on the next page, etc.

6. palpatine macrumors 68040

I see what you are saying, and as far as I can tell, only 7Notes does that. But, I have not tried Writepad. That seems nice and I would be interested in seeing someone talk about their experiences with it. I have already dropped way too much cash on notetaking apps, so I think I will pass on trying it out.

Personally, I tend to just dump my notes in a folder (actually, nowadays I tag them and email them to Evernote, but the concept is the same) and type them up later.

7. RyanSTi thread starter macrumors newbie

I think 7Notes is great. After watching the WritePad video though, it doesn't seem like what I want, and it's too expensive to keep trying new apps... I hear you though, I must have spent $50 so far...