Handwriting notes on iPhone Plus

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EmaDaCuz, Jun 22, 2017.

1. EmaDaCuz macrumors regular

The title says it all, I think.
    I have to replace my dying iPhone 5c and my dead iPad Air. I was thinking of getting an iPhone (7?) Plus to unify the two devices. While I like watching some movies and do some minor productivity work on the iPad, I don't think I need the big screen, and a Plus size phone will just serve me well when I commute or when I am on a plane.
    Note taking and annotations, however, may be a problem. I use Notability on the iPad and I love it. I loved it on the first generation Mini, I love it even more on the Air. Would the screen size of the iPhone be a major limiting factor here?
    Thanks

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I think it will be harder to do the same going from a 9.7 inch screen to a 5.5 inch.
    Maybe test it out and get some hands on with a plus model iPhone before you decide.

3. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Notability works well on the iPhone 7 Plus, depending on what kind of handwritten notes you wish to create. I can create and see basic notes easily on said device.

4. EmaDaCuz thread starter macrumors regular

Simple meeting notes and maybe some mind maps, nothing crazy.
    Thanks for your replies

5. pandi.ruvina macrumors regular

mind maps?! i'm curious if you could give a simple start up on how to create a mind map.

6. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

The Pencil works super on the iPad Pro but it's not available on the iPhone 7, is it? I can't imagine doing much drawing or note taking with my finger or the regular stylus on the phone. I use Notability all the time on my iPad Pro and absolutely love it.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Pencil capability on the 7S plus.

7. EmaDaCuz thread starter macrumors regular

There are some good styluses (or styli, don't know which one is the right one) around, so that's not a problem :) Granted, pencil support would be great.