All iPads Handwriting on the ipad

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by godette, Oct 28, 2013.

1. godette macrumors member

Hello everyone...I recently saw someone at a conference handwriting notes onto his iPad. He would write a few lines on the bottom section of his screen with his stylus then tap on a button on the right and those handwritten notes would be saved from the bottom section, where he was writing, into the upper section which I guess was where the main body of notes are stored.
    I would love to be able to do the same thing because I truly, truly suck at typing on my iPad.
    Does anyone know what app to buy/download and what kind of stylus I would need? I don't know where to start and don't even know what to google to find out.
    I'm hoping to find an app that allows me to save my notes in my own handwriting or at least give me several fonts that I can choose from.
    Thank you very much for your help.

2. bkribbs macrumors 65816

notability or good note?

3. Tobster3 macrumors 6502

I'd be interested if find out what App this is.

4. godette thread starter macrumors member

I found the app...It's called notability and it's had really good reviews. I realise this is like saying I've discovered sliced bread cos apparently Notability is like the leading application for handwritten notes on the iPad and has been around for a long, long time.

But anyway, I'm very happy to have this bit of new information...now to find the perfect stylus. Am leaning towards the Bamboo...any suggestions??

5. GerritV macrumors 65816

GerritV

6. sugardrum macrumors newbie

I use the iFaraday stylus (http://www.ifaraday.com) and think it's great. Used to use a Boxwave rubber tipped one before but found it kept missing strokes. Not had that happen once since switching to the iFaraday.

7. Korican100 macrumors 6502a

Korican100

if its actualy handwriting, then im 100% sure its a dock/app combo.

You plug a receiver into the dock, and it translates movement to the app, and allows specific handwriting, and not thumb-wide strokes.

8. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

100%? :cool:

9. Tobster3 macrumors 6502

10. GerritV macrumors 65816

GerritV

Glad to hear my review was of help. Enjoy the TruGlide!

11. krazykleo macrumors regular

Thanks for this thread :)

Buying my first iPad today for school and notes and etc. and will need an app to write with and a stylus :)