Handwriting Stylus - iPad Air 2

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Pedro88, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Pedro88 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I am new to this forum and do not know if I am writing at the right place. Sorry if I'm not.

I was wondering if someone could help me figure out the stylus to use on an Ipad.

I have an IPad Air 2 and Iam looking for a stylus that resembles to the same writing type as a pen (thin tip) and with palm rejection. I will be using it mainly to highlight, take notes and draw basic charts on PDFs file, probably on pdf expert and a note taking app.

Do I have to buy a Bluetooth stylus to have palm rejection? Will all Bluetooth stylus be compatible with Pdf Expert (is Adonit Pixel)?

Basically, I would want to be able to highlight and scribble freely without having to use the "add text" or "highlight" functions of the Pdf Expert with a stylus that looks just like an ordinary pen and that allows me to have my palm on the screen.

Sorry if I'm not being too clear. Thanks for your help.

Pedro

2. bensisko macrumors 65816

Welcome!

The first thing I would say is that Palm Rejection with non-Apple Pencil stylus is very poor, don't expect too much. There are also other issues, such as lag and visual distortion (the line appears off where you would expect with the placement on the screen).

That said, writing is easier than drawing with these stylus.

I personally recommend Wacom's Fineline or Fineline 2 for writing. I do NOT recommend the Pixel - Adonit stylus have too many issues (in my opinion - I have a write up in another thread). You should be able to pickup the Fineline pretty cheap.