Handwritten notes app that syncs between iPad and iPhone, please help.

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by RyanSTi, Aug 23, 2011.

1. RyanSTi macrumors newbie

Hi everyone. My work has allowed me to use my iPad and iPhone for note taking and is willing to pay for one app. I can't personally spend $5-10 on a dozen apps thy won't get used.

What I'm looking for is a cross between 7Notes and Jotter on the iPhone and UPad on the iPad. I only plan on using it to take basic notes.

With the apps I have now I am putting the small things in 7Notes like, "call person for credit card" or "phones hold music is static" or "job xxxx is late, why?". And on the iPad I am writing notes from calls with customers.

I need to be able to move words around after the fact as I talk to the same person a couple times a day and would like to keep retrying together. I need it to be able to sync between my iPhone and iPad without having to manually do it several times a day in iTunes. It needs to be fast for when I'm taking notes during a call. 7Notes is great for the stuff I use it for, but it's not fast enough when on the phone taking a name and number.

I really only need a basic app just for writing and not typing notes in black and white. I don't need audio or pictures. But the biggest thing is the syncing. It needs to be able to do that. Also I don't need to be able to convert to text.

So, any ideas for what I should use? If you need more details please ask and I will answer as best I can.

Thank you in advance and I'm sorry if this is in the wrong section!
    Ryan

2. msarway macrumors 6502

msarway

use evernote it the best but no handwriting feature yet.

3. Pavijan macrumors member

4. class77 macrumors 6502a

class77

What about Penultimate? It's only $.99 and you can have different books tied to specific jobs or customers

5. jaseone macrumors 65816

jaseone

I think you are trying to use your iDevices for something that they can't do well and it will just end in you being frustrated, there are plenty of good note taking apps like Penultimate and Note Taker HD but taking quick notes while on a call will just end with you being frustrated.