Handy Light--How do you correctly enter the SOCKS proxy settings into uTorrent (PC)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by CJayC, Jul 23, 2010.

1. CJayC macrumors 6502

I'm using Handy Light at this very moment to tether my PC because my friend's house doesn't have very good WiFi. But I was trying to figure this out earlier at my own house and couldn't, but I really do want to try to get it right now.

In uTorrent, there is an option to use a SOCKS proxy but I'm not sure what should be checked or unchecked and what variation of port/IP addresses should go in.

http://a.imageshack.us/img694/4061/utorrentsettings.jpg

This is my current setup and it does not work.

To mods: please note that torrenting is not illegal.

2. TMar macrumors 68000

TMar

The legality of torrenting depends on what your downloading.

3. wjlafrance macrumors 6502

I think it has to be set to SOCKS5 to work, but I may be incorrect.

4. CJayC thread starter macrumors 6502

1. You're
    2. I'm 100% aware this already

5. sneezymarble macrumors 6502

If that's true, then it's really quite trivial. The legality of any information transfer depends on the content. The legality of me shouting at my neighbor depends on what I shout. The legality of texting depends on what I text. The legality of the letters I snail-mail to people depends on what I write.

6. Stoodo macrumors member

The legality of downloading depends on what you are downloading.

Obvious comments are obvious.

7. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

Torrenting while tethering is the number one quickest, easiest method for ATT to kick you off their network and cancel your account.

8. cwerta macrumors newbie

Hey Jay, assuming you're in San Diego could I buy Handy Light off of you? Let me know, thanks.

We could meet up to install the app on my computer / iPhone and you could change your password immediately afterwards.
    ______

I know it's possible to share the app because I found this post on the Internet. See below.

"It can be shared. I shared it with a buddy of mine 2 days after it was pulled. Just find the handylight .ipa file on the computer you sync with. Then put it on a thumb drive or email it or whatever. Then authorize their account. I'd share it on here but I've already authorized 5 devices."