HandyLight + iPhone 4 = Tether iPad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Advance The Man, Mar 20, 2011.

1. Advance The Man macrumors 6502

Anyone use Handylight anymore and have it tether an iPad? Is it possible. I had purchased it on non-jailbroken iPhone. I'm not willing to jailbreak either the iPhone 4 or iPad 2.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

You would have to Jailbreak your iPad for that App to work, and even then its not worth it because starting March 27th (next week), if AT&T notices that you are tethering your iPhone to other devices and don't have a tethering plan, they will add it for you automatically (and if you have an unlimited plan, you will loose it). Keep in mind that the Data Pro Plan is $45 a month.

http://www.9to5mac.com/56804/att-go...jailbreak-to-avoid-exorbitant-tethering-fees/

3. Advance The Man thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you. I use at&t and have unlimited data plan. Do those rates (starting at $15/mo) apply to an unlimited data plan? I actually am fine with $15 per month. I just don't want a new plan to get rid of my unlimited plan on the iPhone.

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

A Data Pro Plan doesn't offer Unlimited, so if you want to tether your iPhone, you will lose your unlimited plan (and you can not get it back).

Data Pro Plan:

$25 2GB Data Plan +
    $20 2GB Tethering Plan

5. iPad 2nd Gen macrumors regular

6. Advance The Man thread starter macrumors 6502

Ridiculous. I'm an iPad 2 wifi only. Would tether extremely infrequently for checking email, light download/upload use. Those plans will force me to figure out a 'non-at&t' solution.