HandyLight tether to Macbook and iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ohla313, Nov 17, 2010.

1. ohla313 macrumors 6502a

ohla313

I managed to get HandyLight before it got pulled from the app store. Today I actually got around to using it and it works! I'm using it right now on my Macbook Pro but want to connect my girlfriend's iPod Touch as well. So how would I go about using my iPhone with Handylight as a connection for both Macbook and iPod Touch??

Thanks!

2. Bandolier macrumors 6502a

1. Why are you using a dinosaur method to tether?
    2. Socks proxy on an iPod? Have you ever seen the ability to connect to a SOCKS proxy on an iPod?

3. ohla313 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ohla313

Maybe because I have no access to internet and need to use this "dinosaur" method because there are no alternatives?

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Handylight is not a Hotspot, you cannot connect multiple devices. All it does it created a ad-hoc connection between the two devices and set a proxy server on the iphone that the other device can use. Even if you disconnect the the macbook, you can't connect the iTouch since it doesn't support ad-hoc connections with stock firmware. Handylight allow you to tether to Computer only (or devices that support ad-hoc and proxy settings)

5. lucifiel macrumors 6502a

lucifiel

Maybe try to share the Macbook's internet connection via wifi?

So, tether your iPhone with Handylight to MBP, then via the MBP create a Wifi network which the iPod Touch can connect to?

Though, this may be problematic because I'm not sure if OS X can create hotspots rather than Ad-Hoc networks...