Hang on, how to turn off ‘always on’ from watch itself, easily?

debsagos

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 18, 2012
Is there a way to do this without going into settings? I would love to switch ‘always on’ on and off easily (I would like it on when I’m in one on one client consultations for example, so glancing at my watch is less obvious).....but there seems no easy way to do this? Am I missing something?

Griff48

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2015
Is there a way to do this without going into settings? I would love to switch ‘always on’ on and off easily (I would like it on when I’m in one on one client consultations for example, so glancing at my watch is less obvious).....but there seems no easy way to do this? Am I missing something?
On Watch: SETTINGS > DISPLAY & BRIGHTNESS > ALWAYS ON

Edit: Sorry I should have read closer.

debsagos

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 18, 2012
Yes, I was aware it’s possible that way. I just figure there MUST be a shortcut??

DreamPod

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2008
Best I can think is to have Settings the first app in your dock - it remembers the last Settings page you used, so if you leave it on Display and Brightness, it means you can toggle Always On with one click and tapping the screen twice (once to choose Settings, next to toggle). Another shortcut, though it does more than just disable Always On, is to turn on Theater Mode.

dmgoldman

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2010
I read (don’t have one yet) that turning on “theater” mode in the control center will make the screen turn off. Not precisely the same thing, as theater mode will require you to tap the screen to turn it on, but it may be close enough for your needs. And very quick to turn on/off.

deeddawg

macrumors G3
Jun 14, 2010
US
I read (don’t have one yet) that turning on “theater” mode in the control center will make the screen turn off. Not precisely the same thing, as theater mode will require you to tap the screen to turn it on, but it may be close enough for your needs. And very quick to turn on/off.
Theater mode does blank the screen.

Otherwise behave same as before. Turn the crown to increase brightness slowly, or tap to turn on. No wrist motion turn on.

deeddawg

macrumors G3
Jun 14, 2010
US
Will Theatre mode increase battery life?
Well, since the screen doesn’t turn on unless you explicitly make it, I would expect that would increase battery life. no idea exactly how much.

might be a little might be more, don’t know.