Hangouts Dialer Help

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by macher, May 7, 2015.

1. macher macrumors 6502a

macher

Can Hangouts be set up when receiving a call you're able to see caller ID and it's a free incoming call?

Currently when someone calls me it rings to native dialer and there's no caller ID.

2. biosci macrumors 6502a

Is it through Google Voice? If so, it's in the voice settings I think via the web.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

Calls via Hangouts app simply use data, so there really isn't any "free" incoming or outgoing calls as no minutes are involved (as far as the carrier side of it all goes).

4. macher thread starter macrumors 6502a

macher

Thanks. I was using the GV Connect app. I also have aList with AT&T. What aList is you are able to put 10 phone #'s on the list and they would be free calls. I put my Google Voice # on aList. So when I made a call with the GV Connect app would ring back to carrier dialer, ring back to my GV # on aList. Then when it would ring back I would answer and then it would ring to the # I was calling. When receiving calls call would be via my GV# to carrier/native dialer. To have an incoming call with GV connect app you can't have caller ID enabled.

What I want and would like is to have caller ID when receiving a call and therefore be free.

Right now when I receive a call there's no caller ID.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

What I'm saying is that Hangouts app doesn't use minutes it uses data, so none of that aList stuff or anything like that would apply as whether or not caller ID would show up you'd still be using data anyway (just not minutes).

As for caller ID itself, I believe as someone mentioned in a reply earlier, there should be settings related to that if you sign into Google Voice on a desktop browser and look at the settings there.