Hanns-G Displays?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jesusfreak55, Apr 4, 2008.

1. jesusfreak55 macrumors member

I'm currently looking at adding an external display for my macbook and i'm pretty sure that I know what size i want (22"-24") but I'm kinda lost about what is the best brand for the money. This is the one I'm looking at right now. I will be mostly using it for graphic design and video stuff. I am on a budget somewhat, i would like to keep it under $300. I don't need some $900 ACD just something that has really nice picture quality and will get the job done. Thanks!

2. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

3. jesusfreak55 thread starter macrumors member

4. spacecadet610 macrumors 6502

I've been looking at the 28 inch version of the Hanns-G at Bestbuy. It gets great reviews; it's not going to be high end quality but it's a solid brand, I think.

5. jesusfreak55 thread starter macrumors member

Ya I know that it isn't going to be the quality of something that is 2 or 3x it's price but doing graphic work on my macbook without a large display is getting to the point that it is almost unenjoyable.

6. Help! macrumors regular

I have a 17 inch hanns-g as a temporary second display. Off angle viewing looks noticeably bad. After calibration it looks decent (except the blacks which look really bad compared to the ACD next to it). On the plus side of things, it was pretty cheap.

Also, I see you said you are doing graphic work, I always use another monitor when doing any work where color accuracy is important.

7. jesusfreak55 thread starter macrumors member

ya the price is the biggest turn on for me cause i can get one for $160