Happened really strange thing with iOS 7

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by jonasdamn, Nov 26, 2013.

1. jonasdamn macrumors 6502a

To begin with, I have installed fresh iOS 7 from scratch on my iPhone 5.
    My issue was, status bar text color was same as status bar, so I couldnt see status bar information- my carrier, battery life, time and etc.
    [​IMG]
    I have tried to two times restore from iCloud backup but it didnt help. Yesterday tried "reset all settings" once. However it didnt help, issue persisted. Then tried once more "reset all settings" and suddenly issue dissapeared. However i didnt have time to configure back my settings, so I have restored from my old iCloud backup and issue didnt appear.
    So how this can be explained logically. Clean install brought me this strange bug, restoring didnt help, only after two times reseting settings helped to eliminate this bug? Furthermore, this guy had similar issue but with clock application: https://discussions.apple.com/message/23046892#23046892

2. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

The steps below are considering a clean install:

- Download the correct IPSW (Firmware file) for your model of iPhone to your computer.

- in iTunes press SHIFT + Restore and then browse to the file you downloaded above.

- After iOS 7 is done installing you choose setup phone as NEW instead of from backup.

If you did not do these steps that is not a clean install.

3. dcp10 macrumors 6502

It's bug with the code that determines the text color based on the wallpaper being used. I saw this once before, a hard reboot fixed it for me.