Happier than expected

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macjunkie33, Jan 16, 2009.

1. macjunkie33 macrumors member

This goes out to all you who are still considering the new Unibody MBP.

I finally pulled the trigger on the 2.53 ghz 15" MBP with 4g ram and 512 graphics card after waiting for what seemed like an eternity. I was running on the last leg with my trusty Powerbook G4 12" and needed the upgrade but wasn't fully confident in buying a first batch. Out of the box this thing just screams and is a beauty to behold. The screen is so much brighter than in the store! I swear its blinding and absolutely amazing....

I am so happy I went for it and you should go for it if you've been thinking about it yourself...

2. bliks macrumors member

I totally argree with you!

Everything about the computer is just awesome! The screen is kind of blinding like you said lol

Awesome Computer for sure!!

3. DAAAAAAAVE macrumors regular

DAAAAAAAVE

Congratulations. I have a previous model MBP and even though there is nothing wrong with it look enviously at the new ones. Oh well. A boy can dream

4. jaxn macrumors newbie

holiday weekend shipping :(

I pulled the trigger but it is taking forever.

I ordered only to get my developer discount. A couple days later I get a call from Citibank for "fraud protection"; they were blocking my order. It took another day to get it approved. Then it took a couple of days to build it / ship it.

It shipped last night with 2-3 day shipping and is not expected to get here until Wednesday!?!?! I guess it is the holiday that is slowing it down.

I am looking forward to being blinded by the screen though.

5. UA412 macrumors member

Mine got to me two days before it was expected to arrive. I ordered mine on the 15th, it shipped on the 19th, and arrived on the 22th of December.

6. honestaeb macrumors newbie

I love mine too. I bought mine like a day or two after they were released at an Apple Store. I am getting a little tired of people saying they don't like the glossy screen or trackpad...I am just like "Have you actually used them yet??" This computer has exceeded my expectations in every way possible, plus I was a total celebrity when I brought it into work for the first time.

7. balinmar macrumors newbie

hahahaa me too...when i took it to school...now everyone has one haha. and they are just like whatever.