Happy 40th Sesame Street.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by MacNut, Nov 9, 2009.

1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

http://www.examiner.com/x-4266-Clev...same-Street-celebrates-40-years-of-Sunny-Days

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Family Guy had a nice shout out to Bert and Ernie the other day.

3. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

That's three. Three posts before my post! :D

4. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

At the time I was a bit past them maybe :( But grew to love them as I got older. I was 11 at the time. But loved watching them over the years with my younger cousins at the time, and as I grew older "baby sitting" with even my peers kids.. they are time less!

5. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

Watched it as a kid, watch it now with my daughter. Oscar's my fave.

6. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

It's hard to beat Sesame Street.

"Near" ......................... "Far"......................."Near" ........................."Far"

"Yep, Yep, Yep, Yep, Yep, Yep, Yep, Yep, Uh Huh, Uh, Huh, Yep, Yep, Yep, Yep, Yep, Yep, Yep, Yep, Uh Huh, Uh Huh!"

"La, La, La lah, La, La, La lah, La, La, La lah, Elmo's World." Gotta love Dorothy and Mr. Noodle.

We named our cat Oscar after Oscar the Grouch because my wife found him in a trash can as a little newborn kitten.

And, it's hard to beat the Sesame Street Techno song by the Smart E's, "Sesame's Treet".

Fun times, good memories, and having young one's means you get to enjoy it all over again. :)

7. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

You made me laugh so hard I spit out the mouthful of lunch I was eating :eek:

But yes, that one pops into my head from time to time. If I'm with friends I'll randomly pipe up in my best Grover voice... and usually everyone cracks up.

Sesame Street was one of those shows that had something for everyone. As a little kid you're mesmerized by the cool creatures, music and bright colors. As an older kid you're learning to count or the letters of the alphabet or social behavior skills like sharing. As a preteen you're laughing at the slapstick humor in the skits (like Grover the waiter versus that poor blue man). As a teenager and up you're laughing at the cultural references and parodies (like that great song, "Letter B", by the "Beetles").

I enjoyed Google's Sesame Street themed doodles this week. And I found some fun stuff on YouTube, like Cookie Monster as a guest on Martha Stewart (he made such a mess of her kitchen, she tied him up... and then he tried to offer her a date with Bert if she would untie him! :eek: ).

8. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

This thread brought to you by the letter "R."

9. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

"yup,yup,yup,yup,yup,yup"- those 2 aliens......with big necks.....idk who they're! but they came in sesame street!!:p