Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

the8thark

macrumors 601
Apr 18, 2011
MacRumors has not participated in April Fools' Day prank news stories in the past, and have no plans to breakout from that tradition this year. All news stories posted on our site today are real.

You'd think every day was April 1 here with all the stuff MacRumors puts up as articles.

prowlmedia

Suspended
Jan 26, 2010
London
The iWatch one is Unwatchable, not funny and what is it with those dudes? They sound like they about to jump off a cliff. Cheer up fer fecks sake it's an April fool. A really bad one at that.

The Ign one is very well done and funny though.

bearcatrp

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2008
Boon Docks USA
Apple would makes some big bucks developing a ATV console like was shown. As I have always said, put iOS and 64GB memory in an ATV and apple would put a serious dent in online gaming. Wouldn't cost much more. Apple seems to have a big problem these days. Procrastination! A new mac pro should have been out by now with USB3, etc.. Seems like apple is doing more damage control than innovating.

DaveN

macrumors 6502a
May 1, 2010
Apple Fools day

With today's stock price drop coupled with the drop from the peak and the negativity coming from the Wall Street/China PR machine, it felt more like an Apple Fools day to me.

Mike MA

macrumors 68020
Sep 21, 2012
Germany
MacRumors has not participated in April Fools' Day prank news stories in the past, and have no plans to breakout from that tradition this year. All news stories posted on our site today are real.

And I always forget while searching for fake articles :D

jimbob500

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2011
RunKeeper for iPad

I remember when people laughed at the idea of holding your iPad up to take photos, but as ridiculous as the app sounds, I have personally witnessed people using their iPad's at the gym. :confused::confused:

olowott

macrumors 6502a
May 25, 2011
Dundee, UK
iWatch Big Ben HD...... NOT YET!!:confused:

strip away all games leaving only......... angry bird:rolleyes:

april fool's day and reality ;)

rusty2192

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2008
Kentucky
The iWatch one is Unwatchable, not funny and what is it with those dudes? They sound like they about to jump off a cliff. Cheer up fer fecks sake it's an April fool. A really bad one at that.

The Ign one is very well done and funny though.

I liked the iWatch one the best. They had a few good zingers in there and made me laugh the most. Granted, the acting was horrible, and you could even see the reflection of the tele-prompt screen on the guy's glasses, but still funniest in my humble opinion. :D

shortugae

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2012
that would be awesome if apple held an "emergency conference" where they released the "iphone 6" with holographic displays and keyboards, like all that stuff you see on youtube, and everyone was all excited then at the end tim cook just came on and said "yeah sorry we're just kidding, go home!"

sevier1202

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2012
Runkeeper

The only thing about Runkeeper for iPad is the fact that you would have to own an iPad with 3G or be around a wifi connection at all times for the map system to work, but I guess if you were only counting your steps then it wouldn't really matter. Still a good idea though.

SockRolid

macrumors 68000
Jan 5, 2010
Almost Rock Solid
In the process, we've discovered that for many of our users, the phone screen is just too small to get all that important real-time fitness information into one convenient place.

Dangit. I want RunKeeper for my old 20" iMac.
How hard could it be to port it from iOS to OS X???

PracticalMac

macrumors 68030
Jan 22, 2009
Houston, TX

(critical mode)

By mentioning "April Fools' Day prank news stories", didn't you just participate in it?

and by posting about FAKE product didn't that just contradict "All news stories posted on our site today are real." since such stories are typically fake?

So, MR did April fools joke?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.