Happy Birthday, Apple!

voicegy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Happy Birthday, Apple!

25 years ago today, you were incorporated; and despite some scary times (and amazing blunders) you're still with us, and making us more excited than ever. How nice. How appropriate. How "Apple"!

Now let's see the unveiling of a limited edition machine that will make the 20th Anniversary Mac look like a Gateway. For me, including all the other possibilities that Monday may bring, that would be the ultimate icing on the cake.

Now blow out the candles...and blow us AWAY!

Scott

spuncan

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2001
Detroit
go voicegy

Its cool that a newer person was the first to post this. Also the 20th was sweet but a Dual 1ghz G3 LCD Imac would blow it away. Go Apple Oh yeah another thing Aplle is the only PC company to last this long next to HP and IBM but Apple is the Oldest thats still around

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
Apple!

Way to go apple! I love your service and your products. Did you know 20th Anniversary Macs are going for 800 dollars? Thats nuts! Apple should bring back the "all in one LCD" with a big hit iMac.

spuncan

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2001
Detroit
oops

i just checked Apples 25th was last April but we concider Apples birth to be the Apple II then i would be this april an if we are using the mac then it would be the 18th on the 7th. so if you want the real 25th. I would of been the tibook or the white ibook

Doraemon

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2001
Europe (EU)
Nope...

Originally posted by spuncan
i just checked Apples 25th was last April but we concider Apples birth to be the Apple II then i would be this april an if we are using the mac then it would be the 18th on the 7th.
Apple's foundation was in 1976, but it was incorporated in 1977, so voicegy is quite right.

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Nov 22, 2001
UK
Re: go voicegy

Its cool that a newer person was the first to post this. Also the 20th was sweet but a Dual 1ghz G3 LCD Imac would blow it away. Go Apple Oh yeah another thing Aplle is the only PC company to last this long next to HP and IBM but Apple is the Oldest thats still around
Hu? Said that in another thread (about a possible 25th aniversary mac)!

http://www.macrumors.com/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=1087

Doraemon

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2001
Europe (EU)
Re: go voicegy

Aplle is the only PC company to last this long next to HP and IBM but Apple is the Oldest thats still around

As far as I know IBM is based on a company that was founded in the 1930s. And HP has quite a long history as well. Both entered the computer industry much later, of course...

voicegy

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Re: Re: go voicegy

Originally posted by Falleron
Hu? Said that in another thread (about a possible 25th aniversary mac)!

http://www.macrumors.com/forums/showthread.php3?threadid=1087

Thanks spuncan, that was cool of you to say so. (makes a "junior" feel so special!) As a fan of Apple and a user of the Mac for, well, since 1985, I would never, ever post something as noteworty as the recognition of Apples' 25th without thorough investigating, especially as a new kid in a forum of such esteemed posters.

Falleron (I dig your handle, by the way!) there are so very few of us here that have brought up the possibility of a machine to specfically address the 25th Birthday of Apple, Inc. We all know the stir that the 20th caused, and I won't go into the pros and cons of that device (wonderful as it was) here, and how Steve really had nothing to do with it in the first place. We all have something to say about it, and as a previous owner of the 20th, well, getting a G4 tower and Cinema display at work, along with a work-issued Titanium pretty much gave me the strength to finally sell.

I stand with the few who are thinking in the direction of a device that will somehow be connected with / acknowlege this important birthday. Will it be limited edition and absurdly priced? Probably not, not this time around. Will it be the "one more thing?" Probably not, given Steve's desire upon coming back to Apple to "get rid of the overstock of the 20th at any cost."

But I feel that somewhere in the Monday to end all Monday's that such a machine will be revealed that is specific to Apple's Quarter Century. Anything else to say along that line would be pure speculation.

(Gee, uh, ah...I guess that's why we're all here in the first place, eh?) hahahaha!

Speculate away! For if such a machine comes out, damnit, I think I'd just HAVE to have one anyway!

Most respectfully,
Scott

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Nov 22, 2001
UK
Re: Re: Re: go voicegy

Cheers for achnowledgement voicegy. How about a G5 25th Aniversary mac! They would be very expensive due to limited quantity + also everyone would want one because the powermac line would not yet have the G5! Also, it would silence critics and consumers because apple would have released the long awaited G5!

What do you think?

I

iCinder

i would rather apple made a limimted edition but inexpensive anniversary mac. Maybe the same components as the new lcd imac but in a different case. Not really a technological breakthrough but a totally cool case. a lot like the Cube. It was a marvel in its size and coolness but its power wasn't a breathrough.