Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
I can't sleep. I guess I can't stop worrying about our baby or maybe I'm stressed about the bar, or maybe I'm just not tired (or maybe all three). But since she likes to spend some time here and will likely see this tomorrow, and I know that many of you have taken a shine to her (relegating me to annoying-tag-along status), I have a quick request -

I was hoping some of you might take a moment to wish her a Happy Birthday. She's a great woman, and I really did get the better end of the bargain when we got married.

Anyway. Now I feel kind of silly - someone please tell me that geeks in love is an okay thing to be...

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
nbs2 said:
someone please tell me that geeks in love is an okay thing to be...
it's better than OK! :)

This is probably in the "expecting" thread, but when's the baby coming?

AWww... babies. :)

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Happy birthday, floriflee! You and nbs2 bring such a great dynamic to MR...it's always a pleasure to read your posts.

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
mad jew said:
nbs2, any special plans? Or can't you tell us 'til tomorrow?... :p
Oh....there are plans....very secret plans..... But, they have changed a little - amazingly enough she hasn't gotten out of the first trimester and the kid is already forcing us to change our plans! :D

And bakedbeans, if you can get your wife to join, I'm sure she'll do the same for you.;)

And kt, she's due in Feb (so we get plenty of time to go). Pictures will be posted and podcasts will be updated more frequently as we get closer and closer....I think it is time for me to start panicking...:eek:

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
Creepy. My brother's fiancée's sister (man, that will be so much simpler come febru- er, April) is due the day after my birthday (my bday in 2/11).

Anyways, Happy B-Day floriflee. If the hubby doesn't do anything special for you, let me know so he can get a size 13 in the ass. :D

I just did a quick search, and it appears that I've never had a birthday thread. WinterMute had one last year, and his b-day is the same as mine, but I'm not WinterMute (at least, I don't think I am.) I have gotten B-day PMs though, from members no longer active on MR. :(

blackfox

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2003
PDX
Happy Birthday Floriflee!

I hope you and Nbs2 make the most of it this year, as it will be the last for a while when it'll be just a plan for the two of you. From next year onwards, you have to consider for three (not that it won't be worth it...)

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
nbs2 said:
Oh....there are plans....very secret plans..... But, they have changed a little - amazingly enough she hasn't gotten out of the first trimester and the kid is already forcing us to change our plans! :D

Okay, well be sure to tell us... If it's family friendly, of course. :p

Applespider

macrumors G4
OnceUGoMac said:
Heh, I didn't get a thread, either. :D

Probably because about a year ago, it came down from on high that we wouldn't have public birthday threads to avoid insulting those we didn't notice in time and avoid cluttering things up. PMs were deemed to be the order of the day at that point.

However.. Happy Birthday to Floriflee and BakedBeans - that's saved two PMs

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
Special birthday wishes to the mommy-to-be with the MR name of Floriflee. No Apple pun intended here, but please let us know how hubby does when you put him through diaper changing boot camp.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Yeah, haven't seen birthday threads around here for awhile. ;) Oh well, I don't mind them.

WildCowboy said:
Happy birthday, floriflee! You and nbs2 bring such a great dynamic to MR...it's always a pleasure to read your posts.

I'd like to see more public quarrelling. It's cute when you both get along here and post, but something juicy once in a while would be nice too. Think of your fanbase, floriflee and nbs2. ;)

floriflee

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2004
Thanks, everyone for the b-day wishes! I actually caught the hubby playing on his computer last night when I had to get up for one of my now frequent bathroom breaks. :p I'm just hoping that today I'll be able enjoy a nice b-day dinner. Woke up this morning with a bit o' nausea so I'm really trying to make it not get worse. I'm thinking it would've been nice to get pregnant AFTER my b-day. :D

Anyway, thanks, again!

Oh, and for those who asked, he got me this for my birthday. It's what I asked for, and so far it helps keep the nausea under control.

nbs2

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 31, 2004
A geographical oddity
Applespider said:
Probably because about a year ago, it came down from on high that we wouldn't have public birthday threads to avoid insulting those we didn't notice in time and avoid cluttering things up. PMs were deemed to be the order of the day at that point.
Oh dear....I'm sorry. I understand the idea, but I did notice that most days there aren't more than a couple true regulars with birthdays (based on names I recognize right away). That being said, if this thread should disappear, I'll understand. I feel like I have been a bad member. Now I'm worried that some day I'll be half away and post a free iPod thread....

floriflee

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2004
Abstract said:
I'd like to see more public quarrelling. It's cute when you both get along here and post, but something juicy once in a while would be nice too. Think of your fanbase, floriflee and nbs2. ;)

So you'd like to see more dirty laundry aired here on MR? I don't know about that. He got pretty sad when I told him the other day that a friend of mine and I swapped stories about the cleaning habits of our hubbies. :D

nbs2 said:
Oh dear....I'm sorry. I understand the idea, but I did notice that most days there aren't more than a couple true regulars with birthdays (based on names I recognize right away). That being said, if this thread should disappear, I'll understand. I feel like I have been a bad member. Now I'm worried that some day I'll be half away and post a free iPod thread....

See!? Now look what you've gone and done!!

Happy, Abstract?? :D

Happy Birthday, Floriflee! :D And again, congratulations!

nbs2, (kudos to you too sir) The happiest married couple I know are the two biggest geeks I know. Kate spends half her free time running a RPG Campaign, and the other half of the time planning trips to events like Burning Man, she's also a grad student in linguistics (Uber Nerd). And Chris is a some kind of Lead Programmer (WTM) and has a habbit of taking apart things like his Xbox 360 and reconfiguring it. He hacked my iPod Nano w/ a unix OS and turned it into an arcade system while I was helping them move into their new house. It's like being around two really mischevious, mature kids; and I think they're swell. So from my perspective, Geeks in love is a pretty good combo.

Mazel Tov!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.