HAPPY BIRTHDAY iPod touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iCantwait, Sep 5, 2008.

1. iCantwait macrumors 65816

iCantwait

who remembers waiting for "the beat goes on" keynote on september 5th hoping like hell there would be a touch screen iPod?
    I remember ordering as soon as the store came back up online, then the wait untill the 28th of september for the expected shipping date? (mine arrived on the 27th:D)

2. nirvana06 macrumors regular

I ordered my online as soon as they were available. Then drove from Toronto to Buffalo (2 hours) to buy it at Apple store because i did not want to wait for it. I got mine on Friday after the announcement.

3. iCantwait thread starter macrumors 65816

iCantwait

do you still have it? i dropped mine and broke the screen, sold it to my brother then have had both iPhones since

4. California King macrumors 65816

Anyone remember those early IPT's that had the negative black effect? I remember looking through Best Buy's stock to find a week 40 or whatever it was and getting disappointed that all of them were the early versions! Went home very sad :( ...and we find out that it was fixed with an update! :mad:

...good times :)

5. iCantwait thread starter macrumors 65816

iCantwait

oh yeah, and we all agreed that the macey grey boxes were the best chance of not having the negative black.
    and one other thing i remember is stupid noobs asking when they will get a 32gb ipt the day after the keynote...hate

6. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

It wasn't exactly "fixed"; Apple just screwed around with the contrast settings a bit to make it less noticeable.

Anyway, I wanted one from the moment I saw the keynote...but it took until November for me to be bothered to buy it. I'm a bad Apple enthusiast, aren't I? :p

7. scotty96LSC macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

I wanted one as well. I thought the screen was the best thing I've ever seen on a computer device. But then I thought it's only 8gb or 16gb. What about all my music??? I can get mail and the internet with my mbp.
    Christmas money came in from my mother and father-in-law. Went to the Base Exchange to buy an 80gb classic. But I put that iPod touch in my hands and for $50 more I could have it. I had the last 8gb that the Exchange had in my hand along with the 80gb classic. There were 6 people standing around me wanting to know if I was going to buy it, and if not they were. The more I looked at that screen.....sold.
    I have never looked back.
    Now I'd like to see what the next gen brings.

8. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

I got mine on the 22nd of September. I still use it, but the battery life is only at like 4 hours now (usually not counting videos). Week 38 baby (37 was the bugged one)!

9. nirvana06 macrumors regular

I still have mine. Had it jail breaked and now running 2.0 and never had nay problems with it.

10. iCantwait thread starter macrumors 65816

iCantwait

it really was the "8th wonder of the world" as steve put it. I would like to see the next gen and to see if it cleans up the Wi-Fi aerial, but this year i think i might get a nano (even though i dont need it). but i was touch crazy this time last year (although by now the iPod nano had arrived one day after the keynote, and that was fun) My backgroung on my iBook was the touch and i was in love with it:D

11. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

I too remember this time last year. I came home from work and the main Apple page came up and bam, Touch screen ipod. I had to watch the whole keynote! I pre-ordered mine the next day through Best Buy. They weren't supposed to be released until about the 27th, and we should get them by the 4th of Oct. But I remember it started showing up in some stores and that is when the Touch got its own dedicated forum.

I remember how pissed a LOT of people were about their iPods they pre-ordered not getting to them first. All the stores were getting them and you could just walk into one of the stores and buy a Touch.

I got mine around the 16th I think. I was sooo psyched! I quickly discovered I got one with a negative screen issue. About a week later I went to BestBuy and returned it and got a newer week. I sold the touch about three months later. I loved it but it was so hard to use at work.

Now, a year later, I have an iPod Touch again and am loving it!