Happy Birthday Steve Jobs and MacRumors

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Jul 11, 2003
Today is Steve Jobs 55th birthday.

Today is MacRumors' 10th Birthday.

Arnold Kim quit his job treating kidneys to dissect the secrets of his favorite electronics company, the famously confidential Apple.

Kim launched his independent blog MacRumors.com on Feb. 24, 2000 during his fourth year in medical school. His Apple enthusiasm eventually outweighed his passion for nephrology.
I didn't know arn was into that. :D

Coincidence?

Happy Birthday to both!

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
Happy birthday to both! To the one who builds up my expectations, and the one who fails to meet them (I kid).

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Wow he's 55,
I have to say he's a ragged looking 55. I understand his health problems in the past have certainly contributed but wow he looks like he should be in his late 60s or 70s :eek:

Oh btw, happy birthday :D

Scott6666

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2008
Happy Birthday Steve :cool:!

And many more

Oh yeah, and thanks for all the neat computing stuff...

glossywhite

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2008
Wow he's 55,
I have to say he's a ragged looking 55. I understand his health problems in the past have certainly contributed but wow he looks like he should be in his late 60s or 70s :eek:

Oh btw, happy birthday :D
Wow, you're tactful!. Don't be so rude - how do you know he doesn't read this forum?. That could be very hurtful. Better to keep your mouth firmly closed, if you think you feel an urge to say something like that - I am sure he has been through a lot, poor man (no pun avoidable :D).

Happy Birthday Steve - Apple would never have come this far without your insight and vision, and I think you are a good man. God bless you, and please ignore out less polite members.

MacDawg

macrumors Core
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Well, the MacRumors Bot posted a competing thread in the News Discussion
But this one was first and combined the 2 events

So I am boycotting that thread and supporting rdowns :)

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Original poster
Jul 11, 2003
Well, the MacRumors Bot posted a competing thread in the News Discussion
But this one was first and combined the 2 events

So I am boycotting that thread and supporting rdowns :)

I'm not sure if I should say thank you or refer you to the pic in mscriv's post. :D

RawBert

macrumors 68000
Jan 19, 2010
North Hollywood, CA
...how do you know he doesn't read this forum?. That could be very hurtful...
Glossy, I doubt Steve Jobs reads these forums on a regular basis. In these 10 years, he may have browsed through here a couple of times, but that's it. So chillax, dude(or dudette).

Happy B-Day to one of my personal heroes, Sir Steve Jobs, Esquire.

Oh, and happy b-day to MacRumors too.

glossywhite

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2008
Wow to you sir or madam, I'm not quite sure what to say about your post so I'll just provide this insight. :D ;)

Oh yeah, Happy Birthday MacRumors and Steve.
Since when has being respectful and polite turned into brown-nosing?. Guess it all boils down to a lack of courtesy and respect, inherent in modern times. Says more about you, than me.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Since when has being respectful and polite turned into brown-nosing?. Guess it all boils down to a lack of courtesy and respect, inherent in modern times.
C'mon now, go back and honestly read your post completely and without bias. There is nothing wrong with being polite, but you started with criticizing another forum member, one who I might add is much more established in this community than you are, and then proceeded to express your undying love for Steve Jobs. I simply poked a little fun at you with a friendly, and I might add quite funny, picture. I assure you there is no intent to harm, simply some good natured humor at how you came across as a Jobs apologist.

Says more about you, than me.
As far as this statement goes. I'll refer you to a quote from one of my favorite TV shows.

24 - Season 7, Episode 4

President Taylor to Jack Bauer - "How can I be sure where your loyalties really lie?"

Jack's response - "With all due respect Madam President, ask around."
Don't assume that you know someone from one isolated post. Do some research and "ask around" by looking at other forum interaction. I assure you I'm quite a likeable chap. Don't be cross just because you found yourself on the other end of my wit today. Admit it, if it wasn't about your post you would have laughed.

glossywhite

macrumors 65816
Feb 28, 2008
C'mon now, go back and honestly read your post completely and without bias. There is nothing wrong with being polite, but you started with criticizing another forum member, one who I might add is much more established in this community than you are, and then proceeded to express your undying love for Steve Jobs. I simply poked a little fun at you with a friendly, and I might add quite funny, picture. I assure you there is no intent to harm, simply some good natured humor at how you came across as a Jobs apologist.

As far as this statement goes. I'll refer you to a quote from one of my favorite TV shows.

24 - Season 7, Episode 4

Don't assume that you know someone from one isolated post. Do some research and "ask around" by looking at other forum interaction. I assure you I'm quite a likeable chap. Don't be cross just because you found yourself on the other end of my wit today. Admit it, if it wasn't about your post you would have laughed.
I apologise - you are right - I don't know you, and I was a little touchy. All is well :)

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I apologise - you are right - I don't know you, and I was a little touchy. All is well :)
Just quoting this because you just don't see many posts like this. :)
It was the 24 quote wasn't it? Nothing like a little dose of Jack Bauer to bring people together. :D

rdowns is absolutely correct in calling attention to your post and I apologize as well if my attempt at humor was over the top. We like to have fun around here, but as is the danger with online interaction sometimes things can be difficult to phrase or interpret. I agree that "all is well"