Happy iPhone 4 Owner + Suggestions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fraggot, Oct 23, 2010.

1. fraggot macrumors 6502

Having owned now every version of the iPhone, it's easy for me to say that the iPhone 4 is probably the best in my opinion and my favorite. I bought the original iPhone(16gb) and a year later upgraded to the 3G. I had the 3G for awhile until about 20 days ago when my LCD cracked somehow, I dealt with it for awhile waiting for some money to upgrade to the iPhone 4 but it didn't happen as soon as I wanted.

So temporarily I bought an iPhone 3GS(8gb) and had it for about 15 days or so and was pleasantly surprised how much of an upgrade it was from the 3G. Finally some money came into my hands that I had been waiting on, took the 3GS back before the 30 days was up and went and got an iPhone 4(32gb) and I absolutely love it.

Never once so far has it felt sluggish in any way, even playing some of the most demanding games out there. Texting is smooth unlike the 3G became with the 4.0 update, but pretty much like everything on that phone. I now see why they stopped supporting specific features on the older model phones cause they can't handle it or they just don't want to spend the time to optimize it to handle it.

I just figured I'd share my random story. It was a chunk of change to purchase but it was definitely worth every penny.

I would also like to know if anyone has any suggestions for applications that use the iPhone 4 to it's full potential. This can mean anything really, from games to business applications. I would just like to try some of them out.

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Not really iP4 specific
    MapQuest 4 mobile - Free text to speech navigation (think of it as an enhanced maps app).
    Autostitch - best of the panorama makers
    Reeder - Easily the quickest way to digest RSS news out there. Syncs with Google Reader. Looks classy and has an intuitive interface (Also, not that it matters but it also has one of the highest detailed iP4 icons. Just gorgeous).

Games
    Tilt to Live (or TTL) - just updated for the Retina Display and looks gorgeous
    Angry Birds - Retina Display
    Chopper 2 - Retina Display - good if you liked the first Chopper
    Flight Control - Retina Display
    Gun Range - uses the gyroscope
    Epic Citadel (free) - best looking iPhone tech demo yet (1st Person FPS test)

3. fraggot thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you, I happen to already have some of those except for Flight Control. I bought it immediately, seems fun. I was kind of busy when I first got it and didn't have tons of time to really play it but I'm going to a Baptism today so that'll give me some time to do so. haha