Happy New Parents?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by UMHurricanes34, Oct 21, 2008.

1. UMHurricanes34 macrumors 65816

UMHurricanes34

So lots of folks are getting their new MBP's, and lots are still waiting (including me) and I know reading all of these threads about crooked keys, scratched aluminum, and faulty LCD's can get a little unbearable to those who are awaiting to see if they'll be going through the dance with Apple support for the foreseeable future.

So this thread is for those who are completely happy, with no issues. To calm the nerves of those still waiting.

Please people, lets have posts about immaculate new Pros, not just the buggy.

/Discuss.

2. phiberglass macrumors 6502a

phiberglass

My F1, F2, and F3 keys are slighted slanted, but other than that it's immaculate. :D

3. fasttech macrumors newbie

I just got mine yesterday, and I love it! No problems whatsoever. The display can be rather shiny, but no more than my previous Sony FE-550G. It seems to be very fast, and I love how thin it it. I really was very surprised how thin it was compared to my Sony. I think the touchpad as a button is a gimmick, but it still works fine. I mean the touchpad is hinged from the top, so it really only works well if pressed near the bottom, just like the previous models button, but still it works well enough.
    I am loving all the multitouch things you can do with it since this is my first Mac, it makes the experience so much better.

4. Logos327 macrumors 6502

Don't get discouraged. I have seen a new side of the "apple fanboys" over the last week. It seems that if they don't like the product they tear it to bits. My assumption is (for some of them) they are compensating for their older machines.

That comes off as incredibly lofty, but I don't mean it that way at all. I think the older machines are great but some people have to convince themselves theirs is still ok to use (which of course it is). And of course you will always here more problems than praise.

More on topic: I played with the new MBP yesterday at my local bookstore (mine is scheduled to be here on Thursday) and saw no problems with it (glare, scratches, poor lcd quality, crooked keys). In the off chance something is wrong, you can take it to an Apple store or call them. I guess if you are really paranoid you could open it at an apple store with a salesperson to verify that if anything is wrong, you didn't do it. :)

5. Aniki macrumors regular

6. sk47 macrumors member

I ordered one, my brother ordered one, my dad ordered one.

NO problems (not even to my high standards) in all three.

7. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

Picked mine up locally and no issues thus far. Been a great machine and am happy with it overall. For my needs, it was worth the buy. I am quite picky about scratches, blemishes, and gaps (despite my industrial uses) and am happy with the build and materials.

[​IMG]

8. UMHurricanes34 thread starter macrumors 65816

UMHurricanes34

I just find it sad that for every 1 thread of praise for these new products, there are 300 negative threads.

It's scary that there have only been 5-6 replies about happy and satisfied customers. It's so sad that while there may be way more satisfied customers than unsatisfied, only the unsatisfied employ the power of the internet to whine and moan.

9. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

In both customer service, and forums like this, it remains true that you will likely hear more from people complaining, than those praising. I would also search through the threads and posts with people who just posted buying one, and the replies within. There are quite a few happy customers on this forum, and they likely aren't seeking out threads like this one.

[​IMG]

10. Down3yDJdud3 macrumors newbie

I purchased my 2.4 GHz last Thursday, and noticed a dead pixel on Sunday. I returned it with no hassle by the store. The only thing that pissed me off is that the CS TARDS (NON-GENIUS FOLK) were like do you want your data migrated. I was like "DUHHH"! And they told me I could expect it back in 72HRS! That was not going to cut it for me, plus they had no clue that the HD was accessible by the battery! Needless to say, after much arguing they agreed to get the HD's swapped as quick as possible. 30 minutes later I received a phone call telling me my laptop was ready!

I found it quite amusing that the sales reps were clueless about the new features of the MacBooko Pro! I would think apple would train them better!

Other than that little hiccup, my machine is melting my mind hourly! I am totally in love with the design and cannot think of any legitimate complaints! I am sure there are plenty more with my feelings, but as a previous poster mentioned, the negatives will far outweigh the positives!

11. UMHurricanes34 thread starter macrumors 65816

UMHurricanes34

My MBP shipped last night so I'll know soon enough if mine is going to need to take a visit to the Apple doctor.