Happy of NOT buying it...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by the vj, Aug 10, 2009.

1. the vj macrumors 6502a

I have been one of those people who like to buy stuff to resolve problems with the result that after all it was not necessary.

There have been times when I hold on and after all the result was fine, the problem was resolved and I kept the money.

3 weeks ago I sold my quad G5 because I needed to buy a PC, I saw my numbers and I realized that spending the money on a PC was not such good idea because I had big payments to do during the month. I kept the money, bought a router for my network and with the other computers I had I basically resolved my problem. Buying the PC was the best option but because of the situation networking computers better was a choice good enough.

Last year I had extra $6k and I wanted to have my old audio studio again and I bought a bunch of keyboards, the ones I always wanted.

Today they are collecting dust with no use. Most of them need to be repaired. Money wasted basically and I can not sell them and get the equivalent back.

So... I believe that holding on 3 times is better than having the money and spend it.

Just an insight.

2. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

I've wasted money on a lot of tech crap over the years. That changed when I started buying Macs, and later the iPhone, to be honest. I clearly needed something, I just didn't quite know what it was. ;)

It's all a case of needs and wants. And just total mistakes.

3. ikermalli macrumors 6502a

I'm still in my spend-on-a lot-of-tech phase, but I'm quick to jump to conclusions, so if I don't like something I just return it. Yeah, holding on to money is much better than spending all the time, like I'm totally content with my Mac (other than the low amount of RAM) and sometimes but for phones I don't think I will be content until I get my Blackberry and get hooked on it, then I will stop buying phones :p

4. dmmcintyre3 macrumors 68020

Many times I wanted a MacBook Pro. Every model since the 8600m ones has had something I did not like about it. Some showed up over time (GPU failures) while others were apparent from the start (glossy displays, useless SD slots). The only MBP I have wanted is the core duos and the first core 2 duo ones (with ATI graphics)