Happy Owl - why not more pictures?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by TraceyS/FL, May 16, 2010.

1. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I'm still pondering this folio.

But in reading around today, i picked up on a few things that I hadn't noticed before. Overall, just adding to my frustration in the lack of pictures of it in use.

Closure - apparently there are magnets to hold the "wallet" part to the iPad part to keep it closed while you riffle thru the crap you pile in there. THEN, there is a ZIPPER on that part. I can't see this clearly in any pictures. THEN, you use the strap to close the 2 parts together.

I"m still not sure how they handled the expansion at the bottom of the "wallet part" - it has to expand from the rest to provide a decent look, or it will just be an ugly bulging mess.

If there is a zipper in the pictures they do have - man is it tiny and makes me worried about how easy it might be to use.

I guess i'm still just going to wait for someone to go first - and share real pictures! :eek:

2. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Why because it's vapor ware. Those are 3d mock ups. They are taking preorders on something that doesn't even exist.

You'd think they'd have mockups by now. Shadey.

3. MorganK macrumors regular

It would be nice to see some more pics. If you pre-order using PayPal and something doesn't pan out (ie they aren't made/shipped in June as it says) can't you file a claim and be covered? The site also claims that the deposits are fully refundable.

ETA: OP: love your blog. Just subbed to it :)

4. mtwilford macrumors member

Ya will take forever to reclaim money from paypal :mad:

5. TraceyS/FL thread starter macrumors 68040

That keeps being my gut feeling too.... which i hate, but show me MORE, and REAL stuff.

Thanks! Life has been in the way the past month and i couldn't keep up. A whole slew of things cleared up this weekend - and so i should be back at it this week. Obviously sharing how my new iPad is working for me!

I love "enabling" when i get the chance! :D

6. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

Had it preorder for a bit so I will let you know. :p

7. Squadleader macrumors regular

They said shipping in June...Anyone who had ordered one get one yet...?? or Emails when they expect the "new" shipping date to be...??

8. pulawman macrumors member

They sent out an email on 6/26 week saying:

"TIMELINE GOING FORWARD
    We are working on the final tweaks now and anticipate launching the full production run in 2-3 weeks and beginning deliveries 3-6 weeks after that. There is a rumor going around that we are waiting to start production until we have "enough" orders. It is simply NOT true - we've already placed our purchase-order with our manufacturer and production is only pending our final approval. We don’t want to let you down again, and since there are so many factors that affect the timeline that are outside of our control, we are going to provide weekly updates on our website about where we are at in the production process instead of announcing another estimated ship date yet. This way, you can track the progress of your case week by week. You can still cancel at any time - just send us an email with the name you used to place the order and your 4-digit order number and we will process your cancelation within 72 hours. But if you can, we urge you to hang in there. It really won’t be too much longer now, and besides you’ll save $25 by keeping your pre-order!"

9. Squadleader macrumors regular

Thanks......Hmmmmmmm

10. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

The Clutch is cute, but I have a feeling I'd absolutely hate it in actual use. Fill the "wallet" side with the usual purse stuff, and then try to use it as a platform when the zippered side is open? That just doesn't even make sense. And I note the pics they showed of it folded back that way were with the wallet portion both empty and flat.

It seems like it may be yet another instance of sacrificing function for looks, and that doesn't work for me in a daily use device. I'd like to take advantage of the early adopter discount they're offering, but I think I'll forgo that to wait for some real life reviews.

11. Chatelaine macrumors newbie

Paypal refund

Wanted to mention that I dropped happy owl an email cancelling my preorder, and my refund was swiftly and cheerfully credited back to my paypal acct in a matter of hours.

They seem like nice folks, just think the case isn't suitable for how I use the iPad.

12. ~Phi macrumors regular

I put in a deposit for a 'Wallet Lite' the other day. I think it said something about shipping in 5-7 weeks. Who knows.

13. Chris Rogers macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

My thoughts exactly. It is good looking before it has stuff in it. Kind of like a real wallet (maybe not the best example)

14. Squadleader macrumors regular

Well its the second half of September...Anyone have a pic yet....??? :confused:

15. Squadleader macrumors regular

Its October 14th...and a new announcement !!! Hurry up and wait...:rolleyes:

16. Squadleader macrumors regular

17. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

They've apparently *just* started sending confirmation emails to the first folks who put down deposits...back in April/May. Still no word on when they'll actually start shipping, or on when they'll be caught up to current orders.

I'm glad I didn't bother; the new iPads will be out before they ship at this rate!