Happy SR MBP Owner

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mags631, Jun 8, 2007.

1. mags631 Guest

I've owned many Macs and PCs over the years... but my last portable Mac was a PowerBook G3 which I ended up relatively quickly giving to my parents to surf the web and check their AOL email.

But today is a new day, and I took delivery of a new SR MBP 2.4GHz this afternoon. I love it. Sorry for no valuable information, insights, or questions... I just wanted to say that I love this machine.

And to my one-year old Sony Vaio VGN-SZ110, all I have to say is: "BUH-BYE... don't let the door hit your @!#$ on the way out."

Cheers.:apple:

2. dartzorichalcos macrumors 65816

dartzorichalcos

3. Atomic-Ed macrumors regular

Sounds like you really like the machine. I have one in transit to me now and should get it sometime next week. This will be my first ever Apple computer. I am pretty excited about the newer tech in these things and can't wait to explore all of what it can do. I am assuming from your post that you were less than happy with your sony. What did you not like about it?

Good luck with the new machine.

4. mags631 thread starter Guest

Thanks -- to be fair to the Sony, it was ok... it never required service, etc. However, it is chintzy (only the top-half of the base is aluminum, everything else is cheap plastic) and the webcam never worked (not a big deal -- minor annoyance). It never inspired me like this machine does -- I'm very pleased and really feel like I made a good choice here.

Enjoy yours!

5. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

I hope I feel the same way about mine when it arrives. Apple hardware is so enchanting, you really do get so much more than just a computer.

The way the MBP is packaged has always made the hair stand up on the back of my neck. I think I'm going to open mine reaaaaaaally slowly and totally take all that Stevey goodness in. :D

6. mbp657 macrumors newbie

I ordered mine on the date of release. I hope I will have the same feeling. This is my first mac too.

7. Atomic-Ed macrumors regular

Thanks as well, I am looking forward to it like a kid at xmas!

I know what you mean about the cheap plastic they use. It certainly does not feel like your getting the kind of workmanship / materials for what Sony is charging for those things. I have had a few of their units over the years and yest the cheap plastic feel was always there with everyone of them. They are decent machines alright, but not in the same class as the macbook pro nor as much value for what you pay IMO.

Once again all the best with your new machine!

8. Big D Skins macrumors newbie

I must say I too am EXTREMLY HAPPY ABOUT MY PURCHASE!!! This is my first mac/post! I hope that I will be able to help others out they way that you on this forum have helped me with buying advice! This is a great product and anyone considering buying a upper end laptop should just go ahead and purchase this one!!!

MBP 2.4 Ghz, 2GB Ram, 160 GB HD

9. bottleddissent macrumors member

When my comes, I bet I'll have a similar feeling.

If not, I shall kill the first person I see...

10. Dimwhit macrumors 68000

Dimwhit

I'll tell ya...you people whose first Mac ever is a machine like the 2.4MHz MBP...you're all spoiled! Starting out on the Mac platform with such equipment. Man... :D

Though I remember fondly the first Mac I ever bought with my own money: the PowerMac 8500. Ah...good times...

11. merics macrumors member

Ordered MBP 15Matte/2.4/200HD/4GB/.MAC/ICARE/iWorks/. I have been a die hard windows user since the beginning but over past couple years, been desiring to make the MAC switch, figured now was good time with what appears to be a solid laptop on the market. Also, would like to add, over the past week I've been reading the many post in this forum, found them very helpful threads to making my purchase decision and on signing up.:)