Happy St. Paddy's Day

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
I ate a lot of spinach last night. I can't wait to see my green poo. I generally poo at around 6:30am.

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
^ Thats sounds like a good idea iBlue

Me and the rest of my house will be drinking some Guinness this afternoon after we play football. Can't wait, its always a good night out.:p

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
I will be doing one of three things tonight. Going to downtown Seal Beach and trying to hit all four pubs. Going to a pub in downtown long beach. Or going to my local pub.

Either way, I will be drinking green beer or black beer!

:D

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I'm not Irish, so I won't be celebrating.

Nonetheless, I hope our Irish members have a splendid day.
That's the thing about America. We'll take any "holiday" and somehow make it all about us whether we're Irish or not. While I am, I am honestly cleaning my room. Maybe I'll go over and grab a beer somewhere though. /shrug

Blakely028

macrumors regular
Apr 29, 2008
Scotland
Our uni is going mad for it... all the nightclubs are doing fancy dress nights and our union will have Roy Walker as a guest!

Fun night all round, but I am half-Irish so I can still join in ;)

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
I ate a lot of spinach last night. I can't wait to see my green poo. I generally poo at around 6:30am.
TMI

That's the thing about America. We'll take any "holiday" and somehow make it all about us getting sloppy drunk and acting foolish
Fixed that for you.

Most in the US have no earthly idea what St. Patrick's Day actually celebrates.

steve2112

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2009
East of Lyra, Northwest of Pegasus
Most in the US have no earthly idea what St. Patrick's Day actually celebrates.
It's the same with all the other Americanized holidays. See also: Mardi Gras and Cinco De Mayo.

As an Irish-American, I'm offended by this portrayal of St. Patrick's day as an excuse to drink. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go find my Jameson's for the morning coffee. :)

iOrlando

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
i tend not to celebrate holidays that deal with drinking, commercialization, or arbitrary love/gave thanks.

although I must say, cabbage does taste ok and corned beef (while very fatty and bad for your fitness) can be a delicious guilty pleasure.

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
It's the same with all the other Americanized holidays. See also: Mardi Gras and Cinco De Mayo.

As an Irish-American, I'm offended by this portrayal of St. Patrick's day as an excuse to drink. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go find my Jameson's for the morning coffee. :)
Dont' be silly. Mardi Gras is all about beads and drinking, Cinco De Mayo is all about Mexican food and drinking, and St Paddy's day is just about drinking. :)

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
People were lining up at the black rose here in Boston at 6:00am for their celebration. :eek:

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
Although personally not Irish I am married to an Irishman so sort of count. We are going to the theatre to see an Irish play by an Irish playwright about Irish people, and whilst there will most likely partake of some Irish drinks.

I may even wear green and gold.