Carrier Happy T-Mobile customer (formerly with Sprint)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eyoungren, Mar 14, 2016.

1. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

2. Closingracer macrumors 68000

Lol I'm the opposite...glad I ditched T-Mobile again. Nyc they don't even have band 12 which is their 700mhz network and won't for a while....plus customer service is trash from my experience. For me I'll deal with iffy service but if you give me a bad customer service experience I don't care how cheap or good the product is I will find something different.

Hope you have a better experience then I do with their reps. Reps are nice and I don't have an issue with that but it was like talking to a wall because they didn't know what they were saying or doing.

3. eyoungren thread starter macrumors P6

eyoungren

Your experience is like mine with Sprint.

I was a 16 year customer. I dealt with Sprint's slow speeds and lack of coverage since 2012 when it really got bad. After two years they were improving, then they started dropping phone calls and we started getting call failures. Slow data and slow to arrive and duplicated text messages are one thing. Not being able to make a phone call is another. My wife is as heavy a user of minutes as some people are of unlimited data. Not being able to use her phone is a deal breaker.

Sprint's customer service only got more decent towards the end. And that's because they wanted you to fill out their performance survey. But in between was years of awfulness. There is a disconnect between online, phone and in store support. No one knows what the other is doing and no channel will honor what the other channel told you.

T-Mobile on the other hand has had solid coverage and decent (if not fast) speeds. I don't need 200mbps down. 2-7 is just fine as long as it's stable and consistent. Something Sprint has trouble with in certain spots in PHX (most of the places I go to).

The T-Mobile CSRs treated me very well. I had a few hiccups, but nothing that 16 years with Sprint had not taught me how to handle.

All of that said, I have no illusions. T-Mobile, just like Sprint is not my friend. They want my money. So, I go to Apple to take care of any hardware issues. Just like I did with Sprint.

4. Closingracer macrumors 68000

Honestly I am considering Google project fy or whatever they are doing with their nexus devices and that network. I haven't researched it much but to me just looking at it seems like you get sprint and T-Mobile service but don't have to deal directly with them at all.

5. Applejuiced, Mar 14, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2016

Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Very happy new T Mobile customer here too.
    Every time I called I got very friendly and helpful customer service.
    They even gave me a $50 credit towards my bill for porting 2 lines from AT&T to them at a local Tmobile store. And also reimbursed me for the 2 sim cards since the Promo "freesim" had expired.
    Fast speeds, great price for our family plan.
    Glad I made the switch.

Attached Files:

6. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

I always love hearing stories about new satisfied T-Mobile customers!

Next month, it'll be three years since they first got the iPhone, and ever since then, they've been on a roll!

7. eyoungren thread starter macrumors P6

eyoungren

I'm hoping to see speeds close to that tomorrow. We'll see what happens!

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I wouldn't be surprised if you get some very fast results like above.
    Some tmobile areas have crazy fast speeds.
    Obviously for bragging rights mostly since like you said having around 7mb and 100mb like I posted above won't make much difference on daily use or watching videos, using radio apps, web browsing, email use etc...

9. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I'v yet to break 50 :(

Not necessarily a complaint. Everything downloads and send perfectly fast as is. More speed wouldn't change much for me. I sometimes drop to 4G and wouldn't notice if it didn't say so at the top of the screen.

I've talked about my ordering and credits fiasco in other threads. Currently waiting for them to add another $7 monthly as "trade in credit". Apparently two phones got ordered under one phone line (I just discovered this the other day) so I have missed out on $7 a month since September. I didn't notice because credits were so damn high from other screw ups that I am just now paying my first actual bill... CS has always been nice and very helpful, though seemingly disorganized.

10. eyoungren thread starter macrumors P6

eyoungren

I didn't make my first payment until December (we ported in late September) and that was less than $25 with all the credits. They kept tossing device trade in credits at me and since both the iPhones were fairly decent credits it amounted to two bills.

I have yet to break 30 down. But so far I am happy as this is faster than what I had on Sprint in the same places.

Other than getting our bill credits and ETF/Lease payouts taken care of I've not had any other issues. They ordered the wrong Cellspot at one point, but because they screwed it up, they waived the $14 fee when the reordered the correct one.

I think key to most of this was the way I ported. I had our Sprint account number and the pin. I had four devices completely restored and ready to turn in and when I ported I not only ported our iPhone phone numbers, I ported the Sprint tablet phone numbers (yeah, I'm taking your number with me too Sprint!). So everything came over all at once and replaced the four temporary numbers we had established.

People seem to have problems with porting and according to the CSR I worked with not having things lined up is a major reason for porting fails.

We have had a few issues, but nothing that 16 years with Sprint didn't prepare me for. ;)

11. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

LOL!!!!

We came from ATT, and I have to be honest, they have their stuff together when it comes to orders, porting, returns, etc. My first bill was this month, a partial bill of $23. Apparently, though, by my calculations, they still owe us about $35 in bill credits, so next months bill should be reduced as well? I am still waiting on the email here.

While I am not happy with the number of phone calls and micro managing I needed to do, they threw nearly $1000 at us for their series of mess ups so I can't say I wasn't compensated.

12. imlynxy macrumors 65816

OMG!!! Amaizing speed , maximum I got on them is 93+

13. Slammed01 macrumors member

Congrats! I was with sprint for 6-8 years but calls dropped and slow data. Switched to metro pcs and couldn't be happier with unlimited and fast data. 2 lines $110 too

14. JohnApples macrumors 65816

Woohoo! Similar experience. Switched to T-Mobile this past November from Sprint, after being with Sprint for the past 10 years. T-Mobile isn't perfect, but for me it's been like night and day when compared to Sprint. Faster speeds, better coverage, but more importantly... CONSISTENT speeds and coverage. I upgraded my dad's phone to a 6S (also T-Mobile) and since then, he has yet to even drop to a regular 4G connection. LTE everywhere he goes, I'm guessing thanks to band 12.

15. eugnandez macrumors newbie

I had a few hiccups, but nothing that 16 years with Sprint had not taught me how to handle.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. eyoungren thread starter macrumors P6

eyoungren

So T-Mobile delivered last night!

20x20 LTE!

I'll grab another speed test screen cap later today to see what I get when Glendale City employees have shown up for work.

2016-03-15 07.12.57.png 2016-03-15 07.14.31.png

17. eyoungren thread starter macrumors P6

eyoungren

18. eyoungren thread starter macrumors P6

eyoungren

2:34pm.

I think we're done here. Speed is considerably faster than it ever was on Sprint in the same place.

2016-03-15 14.34.42.png

19. Slammed01 macrumors member

Left metro for the tmobile simple plan with 2 lines and 10gb each for $100 can't beat it

20. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

where do u get cellular info?? i tried cellular info from "csi apps" , and wasted $3 on it. i thought it would tell me what channel my iPhone is on, but it doesn't

21. eyoungren thread starter macrumors P6

eyoungren

The CellularInfo app I have is one that was made by a developer mainly for the users of s4gru.com.

I have a jailbroken device (you have to be jailbroken) and I added the guy's repo and installed his app. Since it's in the public sections of s4gru I was able to use it (I'm not a member there).

Even though it's mainly intended for Sprint it works on T-Mobile.

Sorry for any confusion!