Happy With 3G / Unhappy With 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HeavenDivine, Jul 15, 2008.

?

Happy or Unhappy With iPhone 3G?

1. Happy

65 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. Unhappy

13 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. HeavenDivine macrumors member

There seems to be so much complaining about the new 3G.

Who is really happy or unhappy with their iPhone 3G?

Happy or Unhappy.... Vote!!!!

2. luckygyrl83 macrumors 6502

Im happy. Everything I thought it was gonna do, thats exactly what it does. For now, I couldnt ask for more.

3. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Happy.

Sound quality is good, speed is good, and considering this was the primary reason for my upgrading, I'm convinced it's well worth it. In many cases I no longer see much of a difference between my being on WiFi or 3G.

Battery life has not been bad for me either. Maybe I lucked out. I don't know.

Oh, one tip that I noticed has not been said at all: if you're in a 3G fringe area, or in an area with no 3G at all, then you REALLY need to turn 3G off. In both cases, the iPhone will be operating both radios (3G and GSM), as it will actively keep trying to find and lock onto a 3G signal. This will kill your battery life even more than just having 3G on all the time in a good signal area.

This was a tip I learned waaay back when I had a BlackJack and a Treo 750. Regardless of what phone you have, they're all set to favor 3G when possible, and unless you turn that off, they will thrash your battery hard looking for that signal if they can't find it.

4. Badandy macrumors 68040

Badandy

Happy.

I feel the speed surging through my veins.

5. C225 macrumors regular

Happy

It's nice to have proper Internet on a phone and it does everything that I want.

6. Blackforge macrumors 6502

I'm happy because the same week the iPhone 3G came out, AT&T doubled the 3G in my area so it pretty much covers everywhere I regularly go :D

7. albeli macrumors 6502

albeli

Very happy with the iPhone 3G.

Unhappy with MobileMe.

8. sassenach74 macrumors 65816

sassenach74

99% happy......only reason it lost 1% is because I can no longer use my ipod dock, which I'll probably sell and rethink my home set-up

I can't put this thing down, without a doubt the best phone I've ever owned. Just can't wait until my iMac arrives for even tighter integration, this is like 10 christmases in one.

Why haven't the unhappy people who voted written anything??

9. davidlw macrumors 6502a

10. loskickking23 macrumors 6502a

11. markgamber macrumors 6502

Potentially happy. If I drive a mile up the road, I have 800+ kbps. Where I live, however, it tops out at 350 kbps. This being opposed to my Sprint Touch which got 600 kbps or so at home. So I'm not real happy at the moment, but the potential exists, I just need to wait for it.

12. tacomahunter macrumors regular

tacomahunter

As this is my first, I love it!! Glad that I waited for the new version. The battery has been fine through my 10 hour days and it is nice to be able to play some real games in the off times. Put the invisible shield on it since day one and have not even looked back to the BB8310. :D

13. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Nobody I know has been unhappy with the 3G phone

They have complaints but nothing major OR things they can deal with until updates come

14. xpla macrumors regular

Sold my iPhone (my phone and my contract) after having it 3 days because battery is one of the worst i ever had in mobile phone. I'm not supposed to turn off all the features which iphone represents. You know, it's like buying a Mercedes S class but not driving with it. Apple made a real mistake, replacing the battery against a less efficient one. Maybe it's a software thing too but they had time to test it and see for themself, that battery doesn't face the real daily usage. As much i love the concept itself and the usability but at this time the phone is just a toy and not a mobile phone.

Oh and sure, i got at last a combined usage of nearly 24h where 3 hours of usage and 21h standby but with all things turned off, so let's get back to the Mercedes S class, having it, but not driving with it, because it doesn't reach the next fuel station. Apple developes really cool notebooks and a great operating system, maybe they should concentrate on their core competences and just deliver a great OS for a mobile phone but not the hardware itself.