Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kevingaffney

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 17, 2008
Don't min waiting at all until late May or early June for iPad launch.
The positives are by then there will be a stack load of apps which will have several updates and should be pretty much up to speed.
Any hardware issues like the wifi one will have been sorted.
There should be a clearer picture of best apps to load onto it as it will have been pretty well tested in USA.
Os4 will be a couple of months closer to release with multitasking which I believe the device really needs.
So in summary, a few weeks makes no difference to me

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
Don't min waiting at all until late May or early June for iPad launch.
The positives are by then there will be a stack load of apps which will have several updates and should be pretty much up to speed.
Any hardware issues like the wifi one will have been sorted.
There should be a clearer picture of best apps to load onto it as it will have been pretty well tested in USA.
Os4 will be a couple of months closer to release with multitasking which I believe the device really needs.
So in summary, a few weeks makes no difference to me

With regards to apps, some non-USA developers cannot develop iPad apps due to lack of hardware.

hamlinspahn

macrumors regular
Apr 9, 2010
Oklahoma City
SDK NonUS Version

With regards to apps, some non-USA developers cannot develop iPad apps due to lack of hardware.

Interesting I didn't realize the SDK released in the US which developers used to design and test their apps was different to the one the rest of the world gets.

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
What model , how much did you pay and what model are you gonna get on launch and accessories.

I paid £600 for an iPad 32GB and it came with the case and the keyboard dock (and an iTunes card). He gaves those lot as a gift. He ordered two of each, but only needs one set of each.

dino26

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2009
Glasgow , Scotland
I paid £600 for an iPad 32GB and it came with the case and the keyboard dock (and an iTunes card). He gaves those lot as a gift. He ordered two of each, but only needs one set of each.

Nice did you sell the ipad with the case and keyboard dock .

So what you getting at launch ?

ct2k7

macrumors G3
Aug 29, 2008
London
Nice did you sell the ipad with the case and keyboard dock .

So what you getting at launch ?

Nope, just the iPad itself.

At launch, I'll probably get the 32GB Wifi or +3G depending on pricing - but I'm not looking to be stuck in a contract with O2, voda or Orange.

J R R

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2010
Yorks, UK
It's OK...

Taking a cue from the USA itself, we have formulated a plan to get hold of iPads in the UK before the official launch.

We're going to invade Manhattan and steal all the iPads there.

It's a RESOURCE SHORTAGE, so you invade somewhere that has the resource, execute regime change build a pipeline to suck out all of that resource. I understand that this is a strategy that North Americans will understand and no further UN resolutions will be required.

Anyway - Manhattan Island was ours first, no hang on - secon.. ..no - third. Anyway, it was ours before the guys who have it now.

We are currently in discussion with Halliburton about building a transatlantic iPad pipeline.

If this upsets anyone in the good ol' US of A, please feel happy that we only need to take this step because of Apple's success - which should make it all better.

Yours,

United Kingdom and Sovereign Territories

(PS If any other parts of the US would like to join Manhattan, please write to Mrs Elizabeth Windsor in the UK to express any interest)

kevingaffney

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 17, 2008
Makes no difference to you, we can understand, but happy with the delay? :confused:
Over the years I've learned to be patient.
Also learned that by not actually getting the first models off a production line, reduces the number of glitches likely in any product.
I learned that one the hard way paying 80,000 for a printer which was first off the production line in Japan five years ago.
Still paying for that mistake

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.