Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sam I Am

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2005
Ann Arbor, MI
The iBook in my sig came last Wednesday (the extra RAM is from Crucial). I called Apple today, and they gave me back $265!!!! So I'm really happy!!!!! :) Did anyone else call to get money back? And if so, how much did you get back? Did anyone get as much back as I did?

If you bought an iBook in the past week or so, I would strongly suggest that you call Apple and try to get some money back. And make sure you make them feel sympathetic for you, that will definitely help. Good luck!! :)

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
Sam I Am said:
The iBook in my sig came last Wednesday. I called Apple today, and they gave me back $265!!!! So I'm really happy!!!!! :) Did anyone else call to get money back? And if so, how much did you get back? Did anyone get as much back as I did?

If you bought an iBook in the past week or so, I would strongly suggest that you call Apple and try to get some money back. And make sure you make them feel sympathetic for you, that will definitely help. Good luck!! :)

Dude! That's awesome.

I'm ordering my iBook today, I want an iBook instead of a PowerBook with this new update.

Happy for you! :)

Matt

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
Apple is cool like that. My wife picked me up a 60GB iPod as a Father's Day gift, then Apple dropped the price by $50. Got a refund and promptly dropped it on the 1GB Shuffle that had also dropped in price. Still trying to figure out exactly how this saved me any money. :)

Any plans for your new found wealth?

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
Do they have any method to crediting? Or do they just give an amount back? Like do they discount the old models and then give them to you for that much?

Sam I Am

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2005
Ann Arbor, MI
lilstewart92 said:
Dude! That's awesome.

I'm ordering my iBook today, I want an iBook instead of a PowerBook with this new update.

Happy for you! :)

Matt
Thanks! Good choice on buying the iBook instead of the PowerBook, you definitely get more bang for the buck.

Sam I Am

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2005
Ann Arbor, MI
powermac666 said:
Apple is cool like that. My wife picked me up a 60GB iPod as a Father's Day gift, then Apple dropped the price by $50. Got a refund and promptly dropped it on the 1GB Shuffle that had also dropped in price. Still trying to figure out exactly how this saved me any money. :)

Any plans for your new found wealth?
Lol. I'm gonna put the money I got back towards a digital camera. I'm probably going to get the Sony Cyber-Shot DSC-T7.

Sam I Am

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2005
Ann Arbor, MI
ITASOR said:
Do they have any method to crediting? Or do they just give an amount back? Like do they discount the old models and then give them to you for that much?
I'm not sure, but they just put the money back onto my mom's card (the purchase went to the card). I wouldn't push it though, $265 back is a pretty good deal. :)

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
Sam I Am said:
The iBook in my sig came last Wednesday (the extra RAM is from Crucial). I called Apple today, and they gave me back $265!!!! So I'm really happy!!!!! :) Did anyone else call to get money back? And if so, how much did you get back? Did anyone get as much back as I did?

Wow! Rock on!

Now, go buy an iPod with that cash, haha.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.