Happy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by touchman, Jul 21, 2008.

1. touchman macrumors member

Hi all, i sold my 1st gen iphone a while ago and bought a samsung G600 to get me by until 3G came out, i was about to go out and buy one until i read some of the posts on here, i can't believe how many issues people are having with their iphones, cracked plastic, broken silent switch, dead pixels, dust under screen just to name a few. How many of you are happy with your new iphones and how many wish they had kept their 1st gen's?

2. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

Hey....

With a million units out there, of course there are going to be some defective units. But I find that the overall complaints are less than with the first phone as the volume issue on the handset was universal.

Sold my original iPhone a couple of days before launch and very happy with the new unit. Sound quality is much better than the original and of course I welcome the additional 8GBs along with the other pluses.

Also the new shape although subtle is actually a big plus. Feels better in the hand and as a guy even more importantly in your front pocket.

3. andyhargreaves macrumors regular

I love mine too. Those with problems are a vocal minority, and I am sure Apple/ATT/O2/whoever will exchange faulty phones...

Andy

4. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Yeah, most people don't come here to gush, they come to complain. It's a small percentile of the iPhone owning population that comes to MacRumors to read, and an even smaller number that actually posts. Things often end up looking worse on a forum than they are.

My 1st 3G had an audio problem. The replacement is fine. There are problems with the 2.0 software, but they'll get ironed out.

When I returned my 1st phone, I asked the Genius about the return ratio. He said it was pretty minimal. This jives with the fact that they had no idea how to take my phone back and activate a new one in the same transaction. After 2 people tried, a back room manager had to come out and help. If I were at the Albany, NY store, I could see them getting few returns, but this was at the 14th St. store in Manhattan, where I was told they sold 3000 phones the first weekend.

5. touchman thread starter macrumors member

Good comments, yeah the first iphone had issues too, i had to exchange mine twice to get a good one. What i don't understand is that people get a bad iphone go and exchange it and the new one has the same if not more issues, that's when it gets annoying, i made that mistake, my first unit had 2 dead pixels, i thought this was bad and took it back for an exchange, the new one had 3 dead pixels, ill fitted chrome bezel and wobbly home button so i went back and got another exchange and ................. ...... you get the picture. Do we expect too much from iphone because it's apple, or should we expect it to be perfect because it's apple?, my samsung g600 was perfect out the box and thats a £140 handset.

6. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I am willing to be that more people are happy with their iPhones than not. This is a forum remember and people come here to get help with problems, not to say their iPhone is working.

But anyways, I am extremely happy with my 3G, always good reception and not one problem with version 2.0.

7. sanPietro98 macrumors 6502a

sanPietro98

Great idea for a thread.

I love the new iPhone 3G. I haven't had any problems whatsoever. Once you condition the battery (as is recommended anyway), it seems much improved.

The feel is much better than the 1st Gen iPhone. The sound quality and display are also improved (especially outdoors). The GPS works flawlessly and is a nice addition.

Count me as a happy customer.

8. ginguar macrumors regular

I'm perfectly happy with mine and glad i upgraded from an original iPhone as the 3G lets me take calls while surfing.

no issues with screen, scratches etc.

After 2 full cycles of the battery it's lasting as long as my old phone and I have everything but bluetooth on (only turn that on when I'm in the car)

it does sometimes throw a little tizzy fit but nothing that can't be fixed by just holding down the home and sleep keys till the apple logo turns up and it hasn't happened that often 2-3 times a week max.

I have about 10-12 apps on it and in general I'm very happy.

9. scariaga macrumors regular

I'm perfectly happy with mine as well. My only issue is that I bought an 8gig on the release day @ AT&T because they were sold out of 16 gigs. I've been trying to return my phone for 16 gig for more than a week now, Com'n AT&T!!!! :(

10. cc999 macrumors 6502

Very Happy

I have to say that I am extremely happy with my 16 G Black Iphone 3G. Fit is perfect, not 1 dead pixel, no dust under screen etc...... The greatest thing is that everyone I speak to using the new Iphone tells me that the voice quality and clarity is fantastic. I use a Blackberry 8830 for work and the voice quality stinks.

The Free apps are great and work perfectly, battery is getting better as its gets conditioned. I would recommend the Iphone 3G to everyone.

Charlie C

11. urrl78 macrumors member

Mine's perfect. I almost got the white but noticed the black back to me does not look plastic at all; more like polished black stone or something. Some of the third party apps like Pianist can crash occasionally but nothing a reboot won't fix. So glad I got the 16 gig. Other than wishing the volume to be a bit louder I have no regrets at all.

12. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

I picked up a 16 GB black on Friday and I'm very happy :D

13. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

I am very happy with it. It is more than i expected!! I LOVE it. A few glitches that i believe are 2.0 issues and i'm sure will be worked out in future updates.

ps. I'm also staying away from most of the apps right now. I'm afraid they may be causing a lot of problems for people. I have Pandora installed and it's amazing.

14. dho81 macrumors newbie

Every time I see a thread about a complaint or problem with iPhone, I immediately become a little paranoid and inspect my iPhone to see if it has the same issues. So far, every time nothing has come up... no light leaks, cracks (I own a white one), dust under glass, dead pixels . . . . etc. So far, so good. I'm happy--well the network could be a little better where I live, but I'm moving soon so we'll see how the new area is.

Oh... I guess I do have random Safari Crashes here and there--but they are far and few between.

15. ivtecDOu macrumors 6502

ivtecDOu

i am very happy with my first gen, the very few new features are not enough to upgrade.

16. paulinhadrp macrumors member

I sold my original iPhone on ebay a week before WWDC and bought my White 3G iPhone last Friday. Other than a few application crashes (which are bound to happen and can be easily fixed with a software update), I am pretty happy with my toy and do not regret buying it at all.. Let's just say I fell in love with the iPhone all over again (especially having been without one for more than a month, I missed it a lot and was relieved to get mine).

Truth is, issues aside, there really aren't any other phones out there that can compete with the iPhone interface... no, it is not perfect, and it could have some more basic features (*cough - copy/paste, video recording), but all in all, I don't think there is a phone out there that would give the such a level of satisfaction, especially when you consider all of the opportunities that have opened with the App Store.. It really is a great device.

17. phannon666 macrumors regular

I didn't own the 1Gen, I'm very happy with my purchase though, no issues at all.

18. WHM macrumors regular

I only guess????? Maybe 5% or less are unhappy with the new 3G iPhone.. complainers will post more than someone who has none. I had the original iPhone and now the new one is MUCH better... NO PROBLEMS HERE!!

19. deccoo macrumors member

Very happy - feels much better in the hand and 3G makes browsing on the move a pleasure. Just given my 1st gen to my sister without a regret.

As has been said above, if you get a defective model, Apple are fantastic about giving you a replacement.

20. sanPietro98 macrumors 6502a

sanPietro98

For anyone who's married, repeat after me...

"Productivity Tool" not "toy." ;)

Class dismissed.

21. CandyShop macrumors member

I upgraded from a first gen to a 16GB white and have had no issues. It even came quickly! DF placed on monday the 14th, arrived friday the 18th. I love the increase in capacity (4gb was not enough for me) and the 3g speeds