Haptic app for Iphone?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by johnnyham89, Nov 17, 2009.

1. johnnyham89 macrumors newbie

Are there any available from cydia or rock that are compatible with the 3GS firmware 3.1.2?

2. wRek macrumors member

Haptic Pro is available through Cydia under the paid apps. It works pretty well, for the most part... but doesn't work while sound is playing.

3. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

4. The General macrumors 601

So your phone just vibrates while you type?

:confused: Does not compute.

5. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

I guess. I shut off the other vibeing off. Just for keyboard is on.

6. johnnyham89 thread starter macrumors newbie

7. leetard macrumors newbie

Craptic Pro

Haptic Pro lags a bit too much for me. Oftentimes, the vibrate happens well after I've released my finger... might be that my phone is slow in general, but I got it to help with identifying a true "press" but it has not been really helpful.

8. Etnies419 macrumors 6502

I've found Realistic/Haptic Vibration on the Xsellize repo to be the best one I've tried. It doesn't have customization like some others, but it's the one that feels the best. The vibrations when hitting a key are nice and short, but you feel them. It also vibrates when you lock and unlock the phone, which is nice. It also vibrates while dialing as well.

Edit: Not sure if it works on a 3GS, but it works fine on my 3G on 3.1.2.

9. johnnyham89 thread starter macrumors newbie

Where could I find Xsellize repo? I searched cydia and nothing came up. Do I need to add a source?

10. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Find the xsellize website and you will see instructions there. Looks like they've changed things a little recently. I just installed it and my phone is taking forever to reboot. I hope this doesn't hose me!

Update: I installed the 3.0 version of the Realistic/Haptic App, and it did nothing on my phone. Actually, for some weird reason I lost my 3G coverage. Uninstalling and getting rid of the repo.

11. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

so Far shake to answer and vibration apps tend to cause more problems then they solve. they are ok if your not doing anything but play a game or such and things can go haywire when you get a call. I gave up on them.