Haptic engine starting to make noise

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mailboxbetacoin, May 9, 2015.

1. mailboxbetacoin macrumors 6502

Have been using the watch from day 1.

Today the haptic engine is starting to make noise when it vibrates, making it feel more like a phone vibration.

awesome...

2. samiznaetekto macrumors 65816

It's simply a cheap linear vibrator that you can find in cheap toys that make noise, like in 99c stores. Why everyone respectfully calls this POS a "Taptic Engine", is beyond me. Everyone is calling fluroelastomer rubber these days. Even waitresses.

3. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

I know this is an old thread, but I had the same problem with the vibration making noise like something was broken and Apple sent me an express replacement. It's not supposed to rattle or make and noise other than a hum.

4. neil1981, Jun 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2015

neil1981 macrumors member

Mine has also started this in the last few days. Its like an annoying click. Certainly loud enough for people around me to hear it.

Spoke to Applecare tonight, who wouldn't give me an express replacement as the pre-auth declined :(, and they are sending out a box for me to send it back. Could be without it for "up to a week". I'm gutted!

5. eneisch macrumors 6502a

You only get express replacement if you have AppleCare+.

6. neil1981 macrumors member

I do have it though!

But just bought several new large kitchen appliances and didn't have enough money on my card to do the pre-auth.