Haptic feed back on iPhone 7+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Raist3001, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Raist3001 macrumors 6502a

Raist3001

I am getting inconsistent vibrations from the haptic engine when simulating a button press. At times it is strong (I am set to level 3) and at times its very soft. Anyone else experiencing this?

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

I have mine set to the lowest setting and it seems rather consistent. Do not really pay that much attention to it but it does not seem to change in intensity

3. Raist3001 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Raist3001

Just searching this site shows a few folks having issues with the haptic feedback. My haptic intensity definitely is not consistent. Going to be tough to show this as my sensitivity might be more extreme than the next person.

4. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

I've noticed that the feedback intensity depends on how you hold the phone. It feels stronger if you've got a good solid grip on the phone, and weaker when you're just pressing the home button while the phone is laying on the table. I'm guessing the difference has more to do with what you're feeling than the intensity of the actual feedback.

5. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

It will feel different if you are holding it, vs it sitting on a desk, vs it sitting on your lap etc... Not sure if that's the case here or not.

6. Raist3001 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Raist3001

Hmmm..quite possibly. I'll test this :)

Thanks for the feedback Guys....

It may just be me and what I am experiencing as opposed to there being something wrong with my phone. All good points.

7. pat500000 macrumors 604

pat500000

I got the iPhone 7 plus before I returned it..but I couldn't tell the difference whether it it was consistent or not...it just vibrated and that felt good.

8. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

9. Raist3001 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Raist3001

it appears to me, my issues are just how I am experiencing my use. When I simulate a button press, the longer my finger is in contact with the home button, the more intense the feedback feels. If I press and release, the less intense the feedback feels.