Haptic feedback 3D touch not working

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by knownastron, Oct 18, 2015.

1. knownastron macrumors newbie

I just noticed that the haptic feedback when using 3D touch isn't working.

Is there a way to turn it on our off? I don't recall changing any settings, is something physically broken?

2. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

You can turn 3D Touch on or off in the Accessibility settings (in General). You can also switch off vibrate within the Accessibility settings but I'm not sure if this affects haptic touch...

3. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

It does. I turned all vibrate off. Not sure why a vibrate is needed with 3D touch. Your eyes should be good enough to see that 3D is working, not a subtle vibrate lol.

4. Madmanzac macrumors newbie

Madmanzac

I am having the same issue and in order for it to work again I have to keep turning my phone on and off

5. awilliamsny macrumors newbie

awilliamsny

Haptic vibration not working for me either. A system reboot fixes it, for a while, then it stops working. I have searched Apple's site, others reporting this as well but nothing from Apple as far as I can tell. Are there any others with the issue?

6. C DM macrumors Westmere

I've had it disappear for 3D Touch at one point, and a reboot got it back. Can't say I've had it happen often or really more than that one instance, but I'll be keeping an eye on it.

7. Tymmz macrumors 65816

Tymmz

Had the same issue but after the last update it seems to have gotten less. I can't remember if I had to reboot my phone since.

8. awilliamsny macrumors newbie

awilliamsny

I am 100% certain that it's Skype iOS App that is causing this. I know this because if I restart the iPhone and no apps are running, the haptics are working properly (vibrating). Then, I launch Skype and make a call, and the haptic vibrations stop working. 100% repeatable.

Skype version 6.30.0.148 on iOS 10.2.1 (14D27).

I've logged it on Skype's forum, hopefully they will fix.
    https://community.skype.com/t5/iOS-iPhone-and-iPad/3D-touch-vibrations-error/td-p/4527078

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

That could certainly be one thing that might be behind it. I know that in my case, for example, I ran into it without using Skype.

10. Kingofclouds macrumors member

Kingofclouds

11. awilliamsny macrumors newbie

awilliamsny