Haptic Feedback Loud

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by 16Paws, Jul 7, 2015.

1. 16Paws macrumors 6502a

I just started to notice that my haptic feedback (taptic... whatever) is considerably louder than my wife's watch. Anyone else noticing that when alarms go off or when there is any vibration you can audibly hear the vibration when it is on your wrist? My wife commented she could hear it from the other side of the dinner table (about 10 feet).

I am wondering if there is something wrong with the watch or if I am going crazy.

2. Mobster1983 macrumors 6502

I'll trade you watches.

Couple other threads on here about haptic. Seems to be very hit or miss for people. Mine is pretty weak, so I plan on taking it to the Apple Store this weekend and seeing if I can get a new watch.

3. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

There seems to be real inconsistency for the haptic motors.

4. Nacket macrumors member

Nacket

I had the same problem with my 38mm SS model. I found that it was the digital crown rattling and I really liked the silent notification aspect that the watch offers, so I brought it into an Apple store and they thought it was odd for it to be rattling like that and replaced it for me. You're definitely not alone and Apple will more than likely try to fix it for you.

5. FellaMeLad macrumors member

FellaMeLad

Also, do you and your wife have different models? Because of the different materials and straps, some people notice that the taptic engine has a difference sound and feel on, for example, an aluminium Sport with the sport band, when compared to a stainless steel Watch with a link bracelet.

Fella.

6. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

Yes, I would agree - probably different suppliers if anything. Mine is perfectly silent yet operates strongly but I have encountered friends' watches w/ haptic motors that sound while operating.

This variance is KNOWN widely in the iPhone community (different sounding motion motors)

7. gcooldude86 macrumors 6502

Mine makes a loud ping from the speaker when a text comes through but sometimes I don't even notice/feel the vibration from the haptic feedback.